Game Report: Hawkeyes Knock Out Penn State with Second-Half Surge

RobHowe

Administrator
The Hawkeyes decided at halftime they would punch Penn State in the mouth to start the second half. They did and the Nittany Lions never recovered.

Story, Interviews, Photos and Box Score from Saturday's big Iowa win at Carver-Hawkeye Arena:

LINK

It IS interesting when the Hawks went through that bad stretch of turnovers, the second Connor got in the game it settled everything down. Probably an underappreciated skill. Still, bad end to the game vs a very average press -- better hope Iowa doesn't see a pressing team in the NCAA tourney or that could derail the train!

The Hawkeyes decided at halftime they would punch Penn State in the mouth to start the second half. They did and the Nittany Lions never recovered.

Story, Interviews, Photos and Box Score from Saturday's big Iowa win at Carver-Hawkeye Arena:

LINK
Hey Rob, I can’t load the instant reaction podcast. All I see is an embedded code. Always look forward to the podcasts, but this is the first time this has happened.

It IS interesting when the Hawks went through that bad stretch of turnovers, the second Connor got in the game it settled everything down. Probably an underappreciated skill. Still, bad end to the game vs a very average press -- better hope Iowa doesn't see a pressing team in the NCAA tourney or that could derail the train!
I agree. A team that can really get into us with quick physical guards could be our Kryptonite.

In our league the best example of that might be Rutgers and they gave us all we could handle in Carver.

Meanwhile ESPN is all over "surging" Michigan and Ohio State and how they are making surges for four seeds.

Have they checked the standings of this conference?

I haven't seen a singke projection of Iowa being anything higher than a six seed. We MUST represent in the conference tourney or we are going to get hosed in our seed.

DeCorsey was saying we need rest more than a run in the conference tournament? Screw him. He says we already have enough quad one wins.

Evidently we don't, based on the bracketologists, or the four letter networks who keep pushing schools below us in the standings.

Meanwhile ESPN is all over "surging" Michigan and Ohio State and how they are making surges for four seeds.

I haven't seen a singke projection of Iowa being anything higher than a six seed. We MUST represent in the conference tourney or we are going to get hosed in our seed.

DeCorsey was saying we need rest more than a run in the conference tournament? Screw him. He says we already have enough quad one wins.

Evidently we don't, based on the bracketologists, or the four letter networks who keep pushing schools below us in the standings.
USA Today has us as a 5 closing in on a 4.

Again, conference standings are meaningless in determining seeds. Schedules are uneven.

The committee cares about the strength of your resume’ as a whole is.

I’m not sure OSU or Michigan have a better resume’ than us though.

Again, conference standings are meaningless in determining seeds. Schedules are uneven.

The committee cares about the strength of your resume’ as a whole is.

I’m not sure OSU or Michigan have a better resume’ than us though.
Im a little disappointed on how some of our November and December opponents have played.

DePaul, who had an awesome non con, has disappeared in big east play. Iowa state's NCAA ship long since sailed away. Syracuse looks on the outside too. Cincinnati is being described as a bubble team and Texas Tech squarely on the 8/9 line.

The one that would have looked really nice would have been San Diego State. But all of that said i agree. Ohio State and Michigan do not have better resumes than us.

Latest posts