Game Report: Hawkeyes Keep It Rolling at Home Against Ohio State

Is there any way we will actually see "is this the Fran fade" posts if we lose Tuesday? I'd like to say there's no way, but I can't.

Solid all around contributions from the whole team. Getting more minutes for others with Fredrick out could help come tourney time. This team is fun to watch! I still have a reservation for some reason until big 10 season is over because how tough it is. Top 4 would be a great year with losses we have had. I still want more though. That is where my reservations come in.

Lol, and I was pumped for our big jump in the rankings.
According to KenPom Iowa has the 8th hardest SOS. Ohio State has the 17th. Iowa has a better record yet we are lower by 6 spots in the NET.

I understand being lower in KenPom based on some efficiency stuff (which factors slightly into the NET from what I’ve been told), but I have a hard time believing Ohio State has a better resume’ than us.

According to KenPom Iowa has the 8th hardest SOS. Ohio State has the 17th. Iowa has a better record yet we are lower by 6 spots in the NET.

I understand being lower in KenPom based on some efficiency stuff (which factors slightly into the NET from what I’ve been told), but I have a hard time believing Ohio State has a better resume’ than us.
It's weird that these new formulas are supposedly completely numbers based, but for some reason they always seem to favor the bigger name schools. Ohio State has had some ugly losses too. I don't get it.

The Hawks had to play Iowa State. That’s killing them in these rankings.

Is there any way we will actually see "is this the Fran fade" posts if we lose Tuesday? I'd like to say there's no way, but I can't.

Probably right, but with just four games left, I'd say the "fade" has normally already gotten under way by now. Just a week left in February and still looking pretty good, so I feel better this year that the team won't crumble.

Looking at the last four games, it's pretty brutal, though. @MSU. PSU (#9), PU, @ILL. Iowa could conceivably play pretty well and still finish something like 1-3. Obviously I hope for better than that.. 2-2 is probably best case IMO but I'd gladly take that right now if I had the choice. But barring going 0-4 and looking bad doing it, you won't see me calling it a fade.

Iowa has more Quad 1 wins than any team in the B1G right now.

No team in the country has more wins against Top 25 teams.

We have the 4th most efficient offense and the 8th toughest SOS.

How in the hell can teams like Texas Tech, Michigan, MSU, and OSU be ahead of us? It doesn't make any sense.

The only things I can think of are that our defensive efficiency, especially on the road, is keeping us down along with the loss at Nebraska. Nothing else makes sense.

Latest posts