Game Report: Hawkeyes Bounce Back with Big Win Against No. 12 Maryland

Building off the discussion of schools using different basketballs, Maryland uses UA balls, which Iowa has discussed before as having a unique feel.

The Terps shot 4 of 22 with Cowan going 2 of 9 on threes last night using Iowa’s Nike ball.

Just a thought I had enter my head as I prepare to make coffee.

Building off the discussion of schools using different basketballs, Maryland uses UA balls, which Iowa has discussed before as having a unique feel.

The Terps shot 4 of 22 with Cowan going 2 of 9 on threes last night using Iowa’s Nike ball.

Yes that is true, but I’m sure as basketball players they know the Nike ball far better than the Iowa players know the Adidas ball they used Tuesday. They would have used the Nike ball at Penn State I believe. Nonetheless it’s kind of one of those hidden things that an average fan doesn’t really think about. ESPN did a big article about it this year.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...ng-college-basketball-road-teams?platform=amp

Iowa will have to get ready to use that crappy Under Armour ball at Northwestern.

Connor got 2 fouls in the first half, went to the bench, then actually came back in the game. He ended the game with 2 fouls. Good job out of Fran for not fouling his own player out of the game.

There is a legitimate "excuse" that using a different ball has an effect. Been a lifetime since I played but I do remember that.

Hey Rob, when listing Toussaint and Evelyn's stats, you forgot 1 block. Man that was awesome.

There is a legitimate "excuse" that using a different ball has an effect. Been a lifetime since I played but I do remember that.

I could always shoot a Spalding way better than anything else. I'm anxiously awaiting Rob's pic of my playing days.

Cheering for Northwestern at Home today against Nebraska. Would like the Wildcats to get their first conference win before we head there Tuesday.

Here's the B1G breakdown

Illinois – Nike
Indiana – Adidas
Iowa – Nike
Maryland – Under Armour
Michigan – Nike (Jordan Brand)
Michigan State – Nike
Minnesota – Nike
Nebraska – Adidas
Northwestern – Under Armour
Ohio State – Nike
Penn State – Nike
Purdue – Nike
Rutgers – Adidas
Wisconsin – Under Armour

Is Michigan still without their best player? If so, is he still going to be out when we play them again?

Here's the B1G breakdown

Illinois – Nike
Indiana – Adidas
Iowa – Nike
Maryland – Under Armour
Michigan State – Nike
Minnesota – Nike
Nebraska – Adidas
Ohio State – Nike
Penn State – Nike
Purdue – Nike
Rutgers – Adidas
Wisconsin – Under Armour
Why don't you play with those balls and let us know what the differences are...:D

Here's the B1G breakdown

Illinois – Nike
Indiana – Adidas
Iowa – Nike
Maryland – Under Armour
Michigan State – Nike
Minnesota – Nike
Nebraska – Adidas
Ohio State – Nike
Penn State – Nike
Purdue – Nike
Rutgers – Adidas
Wisconsin – Under Armour
Wisconsin does not use the Under Armour ball. They used to use the Sterling ball but they now use the Wilson ball.

upload_2020-1-11_9-50-12.jpeg

How is it not mandated that the Big 10 doesn’t have an official ball ?

Is Michigan still without their best player? If so, is he still going to be out when we play them again?
I believe Livers should be out next Friday but not positive on that. Debatable whether he or Simpson is a better player. Simpson probably more important but they’ve struggled a bit without Livers.

Makes that NW game huge for Iowa. Win that and have a 50/50 type revenge game with Michigan at home.

Livers has a groin injury. Michigan is at Minnesota tomorrow and then off until coming to Iowa on Friday.

If Illinois beats Rutgers, we will be 1 game out of 2nd place. The only thing more crazy than that is the fact that Rutgers is in 2nd place!

Hawkeyes jumped up 10 spots to No. 33 in the NET rankings. They’re 20 in Ken Pom and 22 in Sagarin.

Latest posts