Game Report: Cassius Winston Keys Michigan State's Win Against Iowa

Added Fran quotes to the story, including an update on CJF's status for Saturday against Penn State.

Sitting Toussaint most of the 2nd half leads to a scoring explosion from Winston.
I have a pretty good feeling Toussaint is going to be one of the top guards in this league in the years to come. Winston, Cowan, and Simpson all set to graduate. Fran has clipped his wings a little bit this year, and sometimes with reason, but with his speed and strength, along with his apparent work ethic, I think his time is coming. I believe he’s 4 for his last 5 on threes and hit another mid range jumper tonight.

Last edited:
I have a pretty good feeling Toussaint is going to be on of the top guards in this league in the years to come. Winston, Cowan, and Simpson all set to graduate. Fran has clipped his wings a little bit this year, and sometimes with reason, but with his speed and strength, along with his apparent work ethic, I think his time is coming. I believe he’s 4 for his last 5 on threes and hit another mid range jumper tonight.
Winston had 13 of his 20 points after Toussaint was taken out after his 3rd foul.

The injuries took away a special season, but it's still been a fun one. Win 2 of the next 3 and the regular season will be really good. Win 3 and it will be great. As far as the post season goes, all this sandbagging Wieskamp is going is going to pay off big time. Scouting reports are going to say to double off Wieskamp and don't leave Connor at this point. These fools from other conferences aren't going to know what hit them.

Some of those shots Winston hit were absolute backyard bullshit.

I mean, those have to stop falling against Iowa SOMEDAY, right?

I have a pretty good feeling Toussaint is going to be one of the top guards in this league in the years to come. Winston, Cowan, and Simpson all set to graduate. Fran has clipped his wings a little bit this year, and sometimes with reason, but with his speed and strength, along with his apparent work ethic, I think his time is coming. I believe he’s 4 for his last 5 on threes and hit another mid range jumper tonight.

I hope he doesn't get frustrated next year by the minutes he gets. There will be games where he may only get 6-8.

I disagree. I think he will get more minutes next year even with Bohannon coming back.

Maybe. A lot will depend on JoeT's improvement from this year to the next and Fran's trust. It's not like Fran really needs to be patient with him.

Latest posts