Game Preview: Hawkeyes Try to Keep It Going Against Wisconsin

Hack a Happ. He's still a 50% FT shooter.
This is probably the game it would be nice to have Pemsl. Go in and hack him a few times. Fran has never really done much of this.

As I said in another thread I don’t worry too much about Happ. He will get his, it’s about not letting any of the other guys get going, specifically Trice.

This is probably the game it would be nice to have Pemsl. Go in and hack him a few times. Fran has never really done much of this.

As I said in another thread I don’t worry too much about Happ. He will get his, it’s about not letting any of the other guys get going, specifically Trice.
Send Riley Til in to do the deed. Walk ons can foul as good as anyone else.

Send Riley Til in to do the deed. Walk ons can foul as good as anyone else.
The problem with the hack a Shaq strategy is that the badgers get to set their defense pretty much on every possession. Wisconsin is a very good half court defense team.

Assuming double bonus, at 55%, that’s 1.1 points per possession, which isn’t bad. The only time I would employ this strategy is if Iowa was down 8-10 with 5 minutes left because it extends the game.

The problem with the hack a Shaq strategy is that the badgers get to set their defense pretty much on every possession. Wisconsin is a very good half court defense team.

Assuming double bonus, at 55%, that’s 1.1 points per possession, which isn’t bad. The only time I would employ this strategy is if Iowa was down 8-10 with 5 minutes left because it extends the game.
1.1 is pretty good. I was kidding about the hack a Shaq game plan. I'm not a fan of that kind of play.

I think he starts on him in man. Iowa will mix in plenty of zone. I would think Baer also could match up with him. He knows his game well.
Garza was the guy who played him pretty tough last year. Cook had some good moments on him his freshman year at the KC. Everyone should know his game pretty well but I can’t imagine Baer has the size to guard Happ down low.

Garza was the guy who played him pretty tough last year. Cook had some good moments on him his freshman year at the KC. Everyone should know his game pretty well but I can’t imagine Baer has the size to guard Happ down low.

Baer is one of the team’s better defenders and knows Happ’s game as well as anybody having played AAU against him. I think it’s wise to throw several bodies at him and not give him easy baskets. As I said, I think Iowa zones a lot of it can guard the three well, particularly Trice.