Game Coverage: Hawkeyes Drop Heartbreaker to No. 4 Michigan State

Ok, they played MSU close. That's a positive.

MSU points scored:

Long Beach
Savannah St
Houston Baptist
Cleveland State

All plus 100

North Florida 98

96 was the most in Big play
91 to Maryland at MSU. No other 90 point games in Big

That was the most MSU scored in a road game.

On the road in Big Play
63 at IU. 74 @ Maryland, 87 @ IL, 64 @ OSU,

On the positive, in Big Play, 82 and 80 were the most given up by MSU, but both were losses.

There is some positive in this game. Bunch to worry about.

MSU fans were upset over what Iowa scored running a limited offensive set.

MSU fan's rendition of Iowa fans leaving the game
2_4055976.jpeg

MSU doesn't like him
2_8116595.jpeg

And a Spartan poem
Iowa
A big corny state
With a native
American name
And a team
That almost has game
And that team
Almost won
But almost
Don't get it done
Go Green

When I sat in the press conference room listening to Izzo, I kept wondering, "Did this guy cover up sexual assault?"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say MSU didn't bring their A game to Carver last night.

Somehow a team and coach with so few distractions off the court didn't roll into Iowa City and give a 3-9 team their best effort.

When I sat in the press conference room listening to Izzo, I kept wondering, "Did this guy cover up sexual assault?"

Maybe we'll find out. The whole situation is so weird with the DA with Michigan connections and prostitution. The Feds I think did go in and confiscate some files when MSU was delaying things. When the publicized incidents happened, it was probably standard procedure at a lot of places. Not every place is going to get swept up by a Nassar sized situation. Were there unknown cover ups?

Nassar had 150 women and teenagers come forward. How many total victims were there? 1,000? 5,000? How many unreported major sports assaults maybe never came to light due to cover up pressure?

Latest posts