fun being this nervous

hosshawk

As a fan it sure is fun being nervous about our next game this early in the week. I live in Illinois between Madison and Champaign and it sure is quiet around here. Last week all I heard locally was how Wisky was going to drill us, and now we are still being questioned nationally by so called "experts". I love our blue collar mentality and no excuse attitude.

When asked where I am from, I tell people I live in Illinois, BUT, I am from Iowa. Win or lose, that will never change. GO HAWKS!!

As a fan it sure is fun being nervous about our next game this early in the week. I live in Illinois between Madison and Champaign and it sure is quiet around here. Last week all I heard locally was how Wisky was going to drill us, and now we are still being questioned nationally by so called "experts". I love our blue collar mentality and no excuse attitude.

When asked where I am from, I tell people I live in Illinois, BUT, I am from Iowa. Win or lose, that will never change. GO HAWKS!!

It's always great to be a Hawkeye, but this year so far has been a lot more fun! I live in Arizona and I'm still getting the "Slow Big 10" thing.....I hope to shut them up come this January!

It's always great to be a Hawkeye, but this year so far has been a lot more fun! I live in Arizona and I'm still getting the "Slow Big 10" thing.....I hope to shut them up come this January!

in zona huh? yeah we looked real slow when our D linemen were catching wildcat RBs from behind.

I live in Texas and unfortunately won't be able to shut up the locals until Texas loses. Although people at work are starting to comment on the Iowa games to me on monday mornings now...at least they are paying attention.

It's been a blast celebrating Hawkeye wins on Saturday and then Sunday start getting nervous for the next game. Interesting that 3 out of 4 home games have been won by 1, 2, and 3 points, and the 3 road games by 32, 11, and 10. To quote (with a twist) a writer (Gazette I think), I watch the road games with a beer in 1 hand and Tums in the other! Go Hawks, keep it rolling.

I hate it frankly. I love Saturday's and Sunday's, but worrying about the next game ALL week really sucks. It is pathetic to be this invested. I might need an intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksnaz View Post

in zona huh? yeah we looked real slow when our D linemen were catching wildcat RBs from behind.

I live in ASU country. The Sun Devils favorite team is any team that bets U of A. Love the Arizona game. Live in Arizona but born and raised a Hawk.

GO HAWKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fun seems to fall short of describing it, but it's pretty damn awesome to have such meaningful games each week, and then win them! heck, look, I am up at 1:30 AM posting about it!!!!

I hate it frankly. I love Saturday's and Sunday's, but worrying about the next game ALL week really sucks. It is pathetic to be this invested. I might need an intervention.

KF put it well last week when he was asked if he could enjoy the journey..

'' I am miserable all season but it is a good misery,like the soreness a player feels when he gets up on Sunday morning''

I understand where you are at...while I love the winning,getting this close to the dream season creates anxiety that it will suddenly be gone.
And due to that anxiety, you cannot wait for the games to get here and then be over..sadly, there will be no relaxing until we either lose (which will be a bad misery) or have won all 13 games...and then it is over.

We need to find a happy place during the waiting...as Tom Petty said..''waiting is the hardest part''

As a fan it sure is fun being nervous about our next game this early in the week.

This year reminds me a lot of 2002 in that regard. Every week you knew that Iowa had the talent to win, but it made you nervous that they might trip.

I like how KF described it all as very "fragile". Sums it up perfectly for me.

This year reminds me a lot of 2002 in that regard. Every week you knew that Iowa had the talent to win, but it made you nervous that they might trip.

I like how KF described it all as very "fragile". Sums it up perfectly for me.
The only difference between now and 2002 was we didn't have a bad loss to ISU (and I still consider that to be a bad loss) to spoil the regular season. Had we been 11-0 like Miami and tOSU, then the debating would have really began who would've gone to the Fiesta Bowl for the BCS NCG. Who knows where the Hawks would've been in 2002's final BCS standings if they beat ISU in Kinnick? They did lose, so they ended up No. 5 and in the Orange Bowl with USC.

The only time we can debate whether we deserve to be in the Citi BCS NCG is if we win out.

The only difference between now and 2002 was we didn't have a bad loss to ISU (and I still consider that to be a bad loss) to spoil the regular season. Had we been 11-0 like Miami and tOSU, then the debating would have really began who would've gone to the Fiesta Bowl for the BCS NCG. Who knows where the Hawks would've been in 2002's final BCS standings if they beat ISU in Kinnick? They did lose, so they ended up No. 5 and in the Orange Bowl with USC.

The only time we can debate whether we deserve to be in the Citi BCS NCG is if we win out.

We really need to take it all in and enjoy this as fans. It's been 24 years since we were at this point, at this point in the season.

Latest posts