Front page and content items

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
As I have been posting, we are looking at increasing performance of the site from a loading perspective...we did some things overnight...we have made some headway at the landing page of www.hawkeyenation.com as it is rendering more quickly, ...however, the content items have a couple bugs to work out this morning...thanks for your understanding, as we are trying to make your browsing experience better and there may be a few hiccups along that road.

We'll be moving on to try and speed up the message boards today and tonight.

When you visit the front page now, the content should load first...it will load before the ads load, which will mean you get what you want to see quicker...let me know if you are seeing any bugs with this, as we had to deal with a couple today.

We will be doing the same thing for the forums tonight and into the morning.

Just help Duff with his neighbor issue and the board will rejoice. Never mind things like "speed" and "enhanced browsing experience".

Since instituting the changes to the front page and content pages, we have seen an decrease in loading times of 50 to 60% (faster, that is). The content of the stories, etc, is also loading first, having priority to load before ads.

We'll be doing the same things to the message boards very soon. Also, we are going to make some changes where the ads will also load faster by using iframes...this will all be taking place over the next week or so.

thanks..we'll definitely speed up the forums with the tweaks we have planned...I apolgize for their performance as of late...trying to piece together redesigns and increasing performance at the same time...we'll get there before I head to Chicago at the end of this month.

Latest posts