Fran McCaffery, Tyler Cook Talk About Cook's Return to Iowa

Some highlights from the teleconference:

-Cook said he had a legit professional opportunity which made a tough decision on whether to stay or go. He didn't want to go into specifics. Said he didn't make his final decision until yesterday morning.

-Cook said he's all in with the Hawkeyes and looks forward to leading this team.

-McCaffery said the NBA told him Cook needs to work on his shooting range and being able to guard multiple positions.

-McCaffery also talked about what it will take for Iowa to turn around last year's disaster, specifically on defense.

I'd encourage you guys to listen to the audio when you have time. They both answered a lot of questions that have been talked about on here.

Some highlights from the teleconference:

-Cook said he had a legit professional opportunity which made a tough decision on whether to stay or go. He didn't want to go into specifics. Said he didn't make his final decision until yesterday morning.

-Cook said he's all in with the Hawkeyes and looks forward to leading this team.

-McCaffery said the NBA told him Cook needs to work on his shooting range and being able to guard multiple positions.

-McCaffery also talked about what it will take for Iowa to turn around last year's disaster, specifically on defense.

I'd encourage you guys to listen to the audio when you have time. They both answered a lot of questions that have been talked about on here.

Lotta good stuff coming along, Rob.....

I do believe Tyler made the best decision. Last season he expanded his range dramatically. Should improve even more this coming season. The late start his first year didn't help at all. His rebounding improved his freshman year. I remember Jim Calhoun remarking about one particular rebound late in the season. He said: That was a GOOD Rebound.....

Everyone on the team not named Nicholas Baer needs to work overtime on D.....

The reason I personally like the PTL is to get a chance to watch the players, looking for improvement. Both Tyler and Jordan were concentrating on their midrange game and gradually as the season went on, it was noticable, especially for Tyler.....

Tyler has an infectious manner on and off the court. An aspect that will be drastically needed.....

:cool:

I can’t say for certain but I think Tyler might be switching to number 25 FWIW

He confirmed he is changing his number to 25. I asked why and he didn’t want to say. Jon said that he lost one of his friends recently. Perhaps it’s a tribute to him. Uhl wore 25 last year.

Coach, star player discuss Cook's decision to come back to the Hawkeyes for his junior season:

LINK

Hey Rob - I assume you don't or you would have shared it, but any chance you have a transcript of the teleconference.? The audio quality was tough for me to handle.