Fran is classier than Calapari

hawk2012

Not a shocker, but Kentucky tried to score with a double digit lead and less than a minute left rather than dribble out the clock as Fran would have instructed.

People not classier than Calipari, Lohan, Paris Hilton, the cast of Jersey Shore, ummmmm, that's about all I can think of.

Calipari is the only coach to direct three different colleges to a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, although two of those appearances (1996 at UMass and 2008 at Memphis) have been officially vacated by the NCAA. Calipari is also one of only two coaches to direct three different schools to a Final Four (1996- UMass, 2008- Memphis, 2011- Kentucky), with the UMass and Memphis appearances later being vacated by the NCAA. As a result, he is the only head coach to have a Final Four appearance vacated at more than one school.

As OK4P would say: Pure Class.

I don't think I've ever heard the announcers ever bring this up. They just continue to lavish praise ala OK4P and Alford.

People not classier than Calipari, Lohan, Paris Hilton, the cast of Jersey Shore, ummmmm, that's about all I can think of.

That is fairly close... Now there needs to be a thread about cheaters that are sleazier than Calipari... That list will grow Long.

CBS just interviewed Calipari, and showed his name with other top coaches to make the regional semifinals and they are still counting his vacated wins.

Why does the media cover for this cheat?? If the wins were vacated, how come they still use them for comparison to other top coaches?

I picked Kentucky in my final four, hope they get there so in 3-4 years they can take their banner down for buying players! Classy Cal could be the first coach to have three banners removed from three different schools but by then he will be coaching the Nets or Wizards.

Not a shocker, but Kentucky tried to score with a double digit lead and less than a minute left rather than dribble out the clock as Fran would have instructed.

I dont see a problem with this, scoring late with a lead, if it your second teamers in the game. I am not sure if KU had second stringers in the game at that late time.

I do remember seeing Davis is the game very late.

If second and third teamers have a chance to score in an NCAA tourney game then let them do it.

Vacating whatever they vacated doesn't mean squat in the minds of recruits or the media. Nada. It doesn't hurt them one bit.