Fran & Bo Ryan had it out at a B1G coaches meeting back when Miles first started at NU

Fran and Tim seem to be good friends. I went to two Nebraska games at Carver during Miles ' tenure and when Tim passed by Fran before the game on the way to his bench they were laughing, Fran was messing with Tim's tie, etc. I also liked Tim's work for BTN last winter as an analyst and studio host.

I saw Fran go against a Bo Ryan coached team once, on the night of Fran's rant, ejection and one game suspension in Madison a few years back. For the record, Bo came down to Fran's bench before the game to exchange pleasantries and there were no issues there. Both were friendly to each other.

Bo is not always a pleasant person however, and that extends off the court as well. He had his moments with Barry Alvarez, and his reputation for extracurricular promiscuity goes back to his UW Platteville days.

Dick Vitale wrote decades ago that there is enough stress in big time college coaching without having to worry about the person on the other bench taking shots at you. It may partially explain why Vitale got out of coaching so early. His feud with Johnny Orr was one of the longest and most intense in the history of college coaching, and to the best of my knowledge was never resolved. And now it cant.

I hated the Grinch. I'm glad Fran is giving as good as he gets with that a-hole. Now, if he could get an official to give him a break in a game against Wisky...that would be wonderful. We go into that arena and they immediately start probing our anal cavity to ensure there will be room when the game starts.

Latest posts