Four items

oregonhawkeye

Firstly, mostly, I don't know whether I'd like JBo if I were his peer, but on his behalf - "F#CK YOU HATERS". He won that game.
Secondly, it should not have been that close. 4 or 5 rim-out threes. Poor/one-sided post officiating got us in trouble and we still weren't in the double until 30 seconds to play.
Thirdly, Cook was excellent. He's not perfect but he's ours and he's excellent. We'll miss him.
Fourthly, this team is fun to watch, is playing both hard and smart, can win a lot of games, and is a true team. Any one guy can carry the Hawks on a given night.
That is all.

I think you are confused. There are few JBo haters. There are a fair amount who hate him having to play as the main pt guard. There is a big difference. You seem full of....
Hate.

This is more the case. Not knocking our pt guards but can you imagine this team with an all big 10 pt guard/3rd team all american pt guard and two J Bo's playing the 2 and 3 positions (this J Bo clone being about 6-4).

I'm not a JB hater, I would just prefer someone else at the point. A better defender.
Well you arent wrong, but you play the pieces that you have and gut it out. Not JBo's problem. Say what you will about defense but did you see how much energy he has to use up to keep Iowa's offense on track. CMac has good handles but you cant have a guy out there who isnt looking for his shot for too long. I cringe when its CMac, Dailey and Kreiner holding down the fort. Keep pumping the zone. Yes, a hot shooting team will take us down, but i like my chances on those % shots than the layups we dish out.

It is really odd that "da haters" are no where to be found during Iowa's run and great season. They ruled the roost for the last 2 years. I wonder what they do with their time now?

Fran is feeling blessed guys
!

WHAR YOU GUYS AT?

There is no such thing as reasoned assessment or criticism. You're a hater. :rolleyes: can that stupid f***ing expression go away already?

To me a hater is basically the same thing as negative poster, someone who comes here to do nothing but complain. To me they are not true fans because if they were they wouldn't disappear when times are good. If you're really a true Hawkeye fan then you should be thrilled with the results right now. Granted there are still some things they need to work on and everything isn't perfect (I'll still grumble about losing to Connie at home) but are these people enjoy being that friggin miserable that they can't enjoy this with us?

I used to hate bohannon at PG but honestly I think the argument is dead. Iowa has a top 10 offense with bohannon at point so really the argument is kind of over

However the defense is still an issue and bohannon is part of that, but he would be regardless. Kenpom has Iowa's adjusted defense right now at 102 which is really bad and the main reason the computers don't have us higher overall

To me a hater is basically the same thing as negative poster, someone who comes here to do nothing but complain. To me they are not true fans because if they were they wouldn't disappear when times are good. If you're really a true Hawkeye fan then you should be thrilled with the results right now. Granted there are still some things they need to work on and everything isn't perfect (I'll still grumble about losing to Connie at home) but are these people enjoy being that friggin miserable that they can't enjoy this with us?

exactly! TK, NIKE, Drummer1, fryowa - they have ALL been negative about Iowa hoops over the last few years. How could they not be? I don't think they are haters, they are frustrated Iowa fans. I think they did give up on Fran and the players a tad early and the first chance they could, but I don't think them being critical of the team or players meant they didn't want them to win. They aren't haters, although they are ALL a lot quieter now while Iowa is playing well.

The haters want Iowa to lose, they have no other skin in the game. The ones we don't see like cockroaches until things get bad. They enjoy the misery. They enjoy spreading it. They know who they are.

exactly! TK, NIKE, Drummer1, fryowa - they have ALL been negative about Iowa hoops over the last few years. How could they not be? I don't think they are haters, they are frustrated Iowa fans. I think they did give up on Fran and the players a tad early and the first chance they could, but I don't think them being critical of the team or players meant they didn't want them to win. They aren't haters, although they are ALL a lot quieter now while Iowa is playing well.

The haters want Iowa to lose, they have no other skin in the game. The ones we don't see like cockroaches until things get bad. They enjoy the misery. They enjoy spreading it. They know who they are.

Yes and No. You'll see plenty of positive comments from me too, when they're warranted. Frustrated is fair...but giving up early, not so much. We all sat through last season and other late season collapses. It's not "first sign of trouble" stuff...it's fatigue with a pattern. I'm as hardcore an IOWA fan as you'll meet...have been for years.

That out of the way, this looks like it could be Fran's best team yet. They've found their identity and chemistry, it'll be fun to see how deep they can go in the tourney. Last night was big, winning at Indiana is no gimme. Different guys step up in different games...we've got inside and outside weapons...a really nice combo. (and Fran finally decided that defense was part of basketball. Hello?!).

If they all come back next year (except Baer...who is Mr Hustle) the buzz will be pretty high.

Yes and No. You'll see plenty of positive comments from me too, when they're warranted. Frustrated is fair...but giving up early, not so much. We all sat through last season and other late season collapses. It's not "first sign of trouble" stuff...it's fatigue with a pattern. I'm as hardcore an IOWA fan as you'll meet...have been for years.

That out of the way, this looks like it could be Fran's best team yet. They've found their identity and chemistry, it'll be fun to see how deep they can go in the tourney. Last night was big, winning at Indiana is no gimme. Different guys step up in different games...we've got inside and outside weapons...a really nice combo. (and Fran finally decided that defense was part of basketball. Hello?!).

If they all come back next year (except Baer...who is Mr Hustle) the buzz will be pretty high.

I know you're hardcore - wouldn't label you as a hater whatsoever, but you did pile on and that's easy to do and there is no shortage of influence on here when things are bad.

But literally every program goes through ups and downs like that except maybe some of the elites. Late season collapse? Ya think? When do you play the best teams? Most teams go through late season collapses because they play the bulk of their tough games down the stretch. Think about where Iowa was before Fran and where it wanted to go. Iowa made the dance in 14,15 & 16. In 17, after graduating a HUGE senior class, they missed the dance by 1 game. Last year SUCKED, but it was the real first sign of trouble and if your program "collapses" late season but still makes the tournament and wins a game, how upset can you be? They didn't go into those seasons with huge expectations. They played well and faded.

Most fans bailed on Fran as quickly as possible. At the real first sign of trouble. I don't blame em, but that's rough. If you were one of the fans who didn't bail, you got ganged up on here.

I get why these posts keep happening.... I guess that is what I am saying.

Last edited:

Honestly for me after a big win I’m on twitter watching highlights and looking at reactions or checking out the box score. I get plenty of enjoyment in that. Last year after the painful losses the negativity on here was almost a stress ball type release.

I don’t consider myself overly negative. I’ve had my issues with KF but I was one of the few posters on the football board saying this years team was pretty damn good when others were saying they wouldn’t win another game or make a bowl next year.

I just call it as I see it. Last years b-ball team was so far away from competitive it seemed light years away. We did have some talent though. Quite honestly I think Weiskamp was the perfect addition as he is a true two way player and other guys have made improvements. This years team has proved a lot and has a chance to get a pretty good seed.

I’ll also add this and maybe you’ll want to put me on blast for it. College basketball is way down this year. Quite frankly Iowa has only beat two tournament level squads in my opinion in Iowa State (who was short handed) and Michigan (awesome win). I don’t think OSU or Indiana are tournament level teams most years.

But overall I’m very happy with this season and what this team has accomplished.

It is really odd that "da haters" are no where to be found during Iowa's run and great season. They ruled the roost for the last 2 years. I wonder what they do with their time now?

Fran is feeling blessed guys
!

WHAR YOU GUYS AT?
Back on their own team’s boards...will be back to pose when something goes wrong.

Imagine how miserable their lives are in general. I honestly feel sorry for many of them.

However the defense is still an issue and bohannon is part of that, but he would be regardless. Kenpom has Iowa's adjusted defense right now at 102 which is really bad and the main reason the computers don't have us higher overall
It will be interesting to see that number at season’s end...80’s? We’re pretty much done with the explosive offenses.

I personally have liked Jordan from his first season. That cold-blooded three at Wisconsin sealed the deal for me. I also mentioned his first year that he is going to be one of the best point guards to play for the Hawks, which his stats already support.

Ronnie Lester, BJ, Fred Brown, Andre Woolridge, Dean Oliver and Jeff Horner stand out and Jordan will be among them. I apologize to those whom I have inadvertently omitted.

Difficult to remember any Hawkeye who has won so many games in the last minute or two. Bo has at least three, Wisconsin on the road his freshman year, Penn State on the road this year and last night at Assembly Hall. Those stand out along with his performance in the BTT against Michigan in regulation.

His ball handling is rather unappreciated, but is very good. Usually, he has few turnovers and is adept at moving the ball downcourt, across the half court line. The assist to turnover ratio with Jordan and Connor handling the point is almost 3-1: 145-55.

Jordan is very difficult to trap with his intelligence, court savvy and quick dribbling, lateral movement and constant motion. The opponent does not have a clue where he is going or what he is going to do with the ball. I am constantly in the dark as to the direction he is going to take or his motives.

He is on the road to making the most threes at Iowa, and we have had quite a few sharpshooters: Kingsbury, Gatens, Jok, Downtown Freddy Brown who nailed them from three point range his entire career. Jordan is in the group and will have the record for threes made. I know I have inadvertently left someone out.

Last season was an anomaly and as things develop a necessary step to the quality of this season. These guys put the past behind and are on the path to the Dance. They will be a tough out for anyone in the tournament other than the Usual Suspects, whom we habitually play the second round. Duke, Kentucky, Villanove, etal.

:cool:

Last edited:
I personally have liked Jordan from his first season. That cold-blooded three at Wisconsin sealed the deal for me. I also mentioned his first year that he is going to be one of the best point guards to play for the Hawks, which his stats already support.

Ronnie Lester, BJ, Fred Brown, Andre Woolridge, Dean Oliver and Jeff Horner stand out and Jordan will be among them. I apologize to those whom I have inadvertently omitted.

Difficult to remember any Hawkeye who has won so many games in the last minute or two. Bo has at least three, Wisconsin on the road his freshman year, Penn State on the road this year and last night at Assembly Hall. Those stand out along with his performance in the BTT against Michigan in regulation.

His ball handling is rather unappreciated, but is very good. Usually, he has few turnovers and is adept at moving the ball downcourt, across the half court line. The assist to turnover ratio with Jordan and Connor handling the point is almost 3-1: 145-55.

Jordan is very difficult to trap with his intelligence, court savvy and quick dribbling, lateral movement and constant motion. The opponent does not have a clue where he is going or what he is going to do with the ball. I am constantly in the dark as to the direction he is going to take or his motives.

He is on the road to making the most threes at Iowa, and we have quite a few sharpshooters: Kingsbury, Gatens, Jok, Downtown Freddy Brown who nailed them from three point range his entire career. Jordan is in the group and will have the record for threes made. I know I have inadvertently left someone out.

Last season was an anomaly and as things develop a necessary step to the quality of this season. These guys put the past behind and are on the path to the Dance. They will be a tough out for anyone in the tournament other than the Usual Suspects, which he habitually play the second round. Duke, Kentucky, Villanove, etal.

:cool:
What he said. And 2 good feet helps.

Firstly, mostly, I don't know whether I'd like JBo if I were his peer, but on his behalf - "F#CK YOU HATERS". He won that game.
Secondly, it should not have been that close. 4 or 5 rim-out threes. Poor/one-sided post officiating got us in trouble and we still weren't in the double until 30 seconds to play.
Thirdly, Cook was excellent. He's not perfect but he's ours and he's excellent. We'll miss him.
Fourthly, this team is fun to watch, is playing both hard and smart, can win a lot of games, and is a true team. Any one guy can carry the Hawks on a given night.
That is all.
You can make all the comments you like on here, but I suggest you knock it off with the f-bombs...makes you sound like a punk who needs his ass whipped.