For teams to improve players have to improve

longtimer

I think you can make an argument that Garza is improving and probably Cook has taken a step forward at least in the intensity he plays with. Moss and Bohanon maybe not. Moss just seems to be lost much of the time. Total non factor last night. After he put up that shot put in the lane (the kind we used to shoot in Jr High) he didn't see the floor again. I dont see him ever breaking through. Bohanon has also struggled 3 for 12 with 1 assist. Not the kind of numbers we need from him. He really hasn't shot the ball well this year. Maybe in an early season slump?
Just seems that a number of players over the last few years kind of regressed

Improved:
CM
RK
JW (as or better than advertised)
TC
LG

Same
JB (will heat up)
NB
MD

Regressing
IM

I think we’re going the right direction.

I know Fran should not have asked Cook and Baer to miss critical free throws or Bohanon to miss a layup. He should have had them make them in my opinion. We didn't shoot well...period. At the end of the day, we got the shots we wanted most of the time in that game and Wisconsin made their easy ones and a couple tough ones. We should have been up at the half, but we shot miserably.

I know Fran should not have asked Cook and Baer to miss critical free throws or Bohanon to miss a layup. He should have had them make them in my opinion. We didn't shoot well...period. At the end of the day, we got the shots we wanted most of the time in that game and Wisconsin made their easy ones and a couple tough ones. We should have been up at the half, but we shot miserably.
Yes, we didn’t shoot well.

So that’s why I know Garza asked to sit out an 11 minute stretch, and Cook said, don’t call any plays for me, and CMac refused to come on the court to settle the offense down after 5 minutes of empty possessions.

Those are as easy calls as missing wide open shots (which every team every game does)

Isaiah Moss just simply baffles me, he has ability, but seems to have zero intangibles. I agree with the OP, he looks lost out there. I feel Bohannon is as good as he is ever going to be and that's not all bad. Cook can be an enigma at times, but is definitely playing harder now than he ever has in his career. He probably won't stay for his Sr. year but he should, he is simply not ready and may never be ready for the NBA.
I see improvement so far, from every player on the roster, but ball movement and shot selection a lot of times still concern me. The potency of the Iowa offense is so overblown. Watch the really good offensive teams and how they simply share the basketball.

Isaiah Moss just simply baffles me, he has ability, but seems to have zero intangibles. I agree with the OP, he looks lost out there. I feel Bohannon is as good as he is ever going to be and that's not all bad. Cook can be an enigma at times, but is definitely playing harder now than he ever has in his career. He probably won't stay for his Sr. year but he should, he is simply not ready and may never be ready for the NBA.
I see improvement so far, from every player on the roster, but ball movement and shot selection a lot of times still concern me. The potency of the Iowa offense is so overblown. Watch the really good offensive teams and how they simply share the basketball.
Moss just simply isn’t very athletic. Does he have a white man trapped in his body?

Shot really bad and looked clumsy and forced things on offense un-necessarily to have turnovers and bad shots.

Played right into Wisky's mug and grab defense

Moss is hurting Iowa more then helping. He's not even attempting to rebound, poor shots & stupid turnovers. He is a playing with a low basketball IQ right now. Have no idea why he is on the floor. His game is similar to mine on Wednesday nights at church league.

Don't agree with you about our offense being overblown. 2-12 for 3-ptrs in 1st half vs WI & it was a tied game. Many of those were wide open. Bad shooting night.

For teams to improve, they need to have the HC use the correct plays for the units that are on the floor and change the personnel quickly to maximize efficiency.

I'm sure the players are working to improve every day. What needs to improve is the coaches ability to utilize the change their coaching style with the talent available. The coaches need to fugure out how to coach at the end of games too.

For teams to improve, players must improve through the season.

Coached HS soccer before. My sons didn't play for me in HS though. One was struggling as a senior. Took him to the field and worked on fundamentals. Was shocked as to how much he regressed 1/2 through the season. Scored first goal 2/3 of the way through and was one goal shy of the metro area lead by the end. Seriously though, I don't know what some coaches work on during the season. But he had regressed. I hadn't bothered as I figured they were working on it. It's the little things. Always heard that MJ was big on fundamental work during the season.

Moss is hurting Iowa more then helping. He's not even attempting to rebound, poor shots & stupid turnovers. He is a playing with a low basketball IQ right now. Have no idea why he is on the floor. His game is similar to mine on Wednesday nights at church league.

Don't agree with you about our offense being overblown. 2-12 for 3-ptrs in 1st half vs WI & it was a tied game. Many of those were wide open. Bad shooting night.

Not just this game, how many games to they go through major scoring droughts. I can see one drought a game for a good offensive team, but seeing multiple for Iowa time after time, makes them average on offense.

Welp the reality is that for teams to improve COACHING needs to IMPROVE!!!!
Last night in the 2nd half Fran reverted back to his old ways and when the light bulb blinked in his head it was to late.
Iowa programs are not loaded with "think on the fly" coaches.