? for Rob - What to look for on signing day

Casey388

@RobHowe any idea what we should be keeping an eye on with signing day looming? I saw we are expected to get TJ Hall out of California who has a pretty good offer list. I wasn't sure where we stood with Brian Allen or other recruits we have had our eyes on.

Keep an eye on Keyron Crawford, a DE out of Tennessee and possibly Koen Entringer, an athlete out of Michigan, and former Central Michigan commit. It also looks like Marco Lainez will be the QB in the class

Last edited:
I saw an article about Keyron Crawford this morning. Definitely sounds like he will be joining the class.

Marco Lainez is a shorter QB but it sounds like he has a pretty good arm. Think he is in the Padilla mold.

Lainez reported to have committed. He's pretty good size in my opinion at 6'3" / 225. Watching his film the guy certainly throws well on the run.

I saw an article about Keyron Crawford this morning. Definitely sounds like he will be joining the class.

Marco Lainez is a shorter QB but it sounds like he has a pretty good arm. Think he is in the Padilla mold.
Sounds like Crawford may actually end up choosing Arkansas State. Van Kekerix might be a no go too. I think he would prefer to play ball at a small school or just work the family farm based on what I've read.

Sounds like Crawford may actually end up choosing Arkansas State. Van Kekerix might be a no go too. I think he would prefer to play ball at a small school or just work the family farm based on what I've read.
I work with some of Van Kekerix’s family, can confirm. From what I’m told he wants to farm right away.

There’s actually a lot of that around this area. Central Lyon had a kid who got recruited to wrestle at Iowa and also had D-1 offers for football. Stayed home to farm.

There’s two NAIA schools up here within like 15 miles of each other, and that’s what a ton of guys end up doing because they don’t want to leave the area. Dordt is one of them, and they have a pretty strong ag program. Northwestern College is the other one.

The other factor is the very, very high proportion of the population here that are Dutch Reformed. Northwestern is an RCA school, and Dordt is CRC. They are separate denominations of the same Reformed faction and a LOT of farm or rural kids go there to play sports. With that name he’s definitely a CR.

To be brutally honest, farming in a lot of cases up here pays better than the average NFL career if you were to even make it that far. If you own 80 acres of ground in NW Iowa (which is a really really small farm anymore) you’re a multimillionaire before anything else you own is valued.

I work with some of Van Kekerix’s family, can confirm. From what I’m told he wants to farm right away.

There’s actually a lot of that around this area. Central Lyon had a kid who got recruited to wrestle at Iowa and also had D-1 offers for football. Stayed home to farm.

There’s two NAIA schools up here within like 15 miles of each other, and that’s what a ton of guys end up doing because they don’t want to leave the area. Dordt is one of them, and they have a pretty strong ag program. Northwestern College is the other one.

The other factor is the very, very high proportion of the population here that are Dutch Reformed. Northwestern is an RCA school, and Dordt is CRC. They are separate denominations of the same Reformed faction and a LOT of farm or rural kids go there to play sports. With that name he’s definitely a CR.

To be brutally honest, farming in a lot of cases up here pays better than the average NFL career if you were to even make it that far. If you own 80 acres of ground in NW Iowa (which is a really really small farm anymore) you’re a multimillionaire before anything else you own is valued.

Not gonna say you were wrong, but you weren't right.

Here is to hoping this is a Jewel level diamond signing.

According to 247 Sports, IA moved up like 17 spots to 25 overall and up 6 spots in B1G from today's signings.

Latest posts