? for Jon

GiantHawk

Do you think the Big Ten will end up changing the name of the conf? IMO you just can't keep adding teams and keep it the Big Ten right??

Also when and where do you think the Big Ten Title game will be played?

Uhh...why can't you add teams and keep it the Big 10? It's the Big 10 and there are 11 teams now...so...And it's pretty obvious where the game would be played...Detroit, Chicago, or Indianapolis...so...

Do you think the Big Ten will end up changing the name of the conf? IMO you just can't keep adding teams and keep it the Big Ten right??

Also when and where do you think the Big Ten Title game will be played?

I'm not Jon and I don't play him on TV. But my sense is that the Big Ten is a registered trademark and a well-known, respected brand name that does not need to change based solely on the number of teams in the conference.

It is sort of ironic, though, that the Big Ten goes to 12 teams while the Big XII slips to 10 teams.

why do people keep asking this question. do they really think then name is going to change? or are they hoping it is going to change?

No way the Big Ten changes names. It's a brand. Its like you don't say 'pass me a facial tissue', you say 'Get me a Kleenex'. Kleenex is a brand. Like going to the Xerox machine for those of us 40ish or older. A brand. When EF Hutton talks, people listen. A brand.

In fact, it would be like if Budweiser decided it wanted to change its name to Noodleturd. :)

No way the Big Ten changes names. It's a brand. Its like you don't say 'pass me a facial tissue', you say 'Get me a Kleenex'. Kleenex is a brand. Like going to the Xerox machine for those of us 40ish or older. A brand. When EF Hutton talks, people listen. A brand.

In fact, it would be like if Budweiser decided it wanted to change its name to Noodleturd. :)

Noodleturd is UT's pet name for Dan Beebe.

The Big 12 probably won't change either. Going to be funny that the Big 12 will have 10 teams and the Big 10 will have 12 teams. Pac 10 will also have 12 teams.

You got that off of ESPN radio yesterday didn't you? I heard the same Kleenex comparison on an interview they had. Anyway, I agree with you Jon. The Big Ten is not just a name. It is a BRAND! I will be very upset if they mess with it!

Latest posts