First half defense

Iceman

How many uncontested layups for Illinois in the first half. It was atrocious. JBo's 6 points, horrible D, JT 6 pts and better D. Perkins played great D too when in. Guess we have to score 100 each game to win

Glad that you started a thread where people could discuss Iowa's defensive shortcomings. Can never have too many of those.
I think the most frustrating part of the game for me was out of the first 6 fouls they called on them, 3 of them were fouls called spit seconds before we scored, taking 6 points off the board. After the 3rd one, I said to my friends "what sucks is they took 6 points away by calling fouls before layups, and now the rest of the game we will see the fouls even out because it's 6 to 1". That's exactly what happened. The fouls they called early not only hurt us when they called them, but hurt us later too. Very frustrating game with the officials.

You guys always look at the negatives. I haven't seen anyone post that it was 69-69 with 4:20 to play.
I never had this game marked as a W. I thought we could win it but didn’t expect to win it.

That’s why I’m still predicting 9-2 the rest of the way. Illinois is the only conference team I think could split 10 games with us on a neutral court. Several others could win 2-4 out of 10. This is why I expect to drop a couple more.

Latest posts