Finishing up Big Ten Bowl projections

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
man, this has given me a headache...so much to consider this year, more than most...will ND be Top 8 or 10-2? Will that bump Nebraska out of BCS bid? Will OSU be eligible to play in a bowl? Will Wisconsin at 12-1 be #1 or #2 in final BCS poll?

I'll have it 'sorted out' later this evening..time for some advil!

ND will not be 10-2. They will lose to USC and Stanford and at least one of the the USF, Mich, MSU, Pittsburgh run they have to start the year. ND should be a lot better than they have been, but I could see them being 8-4 or even 7-5.

OSU won't be ineligible this year. That will probably take a couple years.

The key is going to be how good USC is. They could realistically run the table and ruin Oregon and Stanford's chances at a national title.

Last edited:
Don't worry if Wisconsin will be #1 or #2 in the BCS, because they will not go 12-1. I wouldn't think too hard about that prediction. At very least I believe they will lose back to back road games to MSU & OSU, and possibly one other. Their defense is good, but not great and their offense will not come close to duplicating last years record #'s. Although they should still be very good offensively. I could see them losing to Oregon St or more likely Nebraska at home. But if I was held to a prediction I'd probably go with 10-2.

OSU won't be ineligible this year. That will probably take a couple years.

No way. They will be ineligible this year for sure. There is no reason to delay it and I'm sure OSU would rather get the punishment out of the way themselves. My guess is a 2 year bowl ban for OSU starting this year.

Here's ND's scedule

Sept. 1 Navy (Dublin, Ireland)
Sept. 8 PURDUE
Sept. 15 at Michigan State
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN
Sept. 29 Open Date
Oct. 6 MIAMI (Soldier Field, Chicago)
Oct. 13 STANFORD
Oct. 20 BYU
Oct. 27 at Oklahoma
Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 10 at Boston College
Nov. 17 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 24 at USC

The first game against Navy is not going to be easy. You never know how your kids going to play in their first game over sea.
Purdue, Michigan St., and Michigan are going to be tough game. They will lose at least one of these.
They will lose against Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC.
I see ND at best 8-4.

man, this has given me a headache...so much to consider this year, more than most...will ND be Top 8 or 10-2? Will that bump Nebraska out of BCS bid? Will OSU be eligible to play in a bowl? Will Wisconsin at 12-1 be #1 or #2 in final BCS poll?

I'll have it 'sorted out' later this evening..time for some advil!

Instead of an Advil, I do my best thinking with a Miller Lite and a Lazy Boy.

Regardless of whether it's ND, I have both the one up and two up Big Ten scenarios taken into account. And if Wisky would go 1 or 2, based on how I pick the B10 that would be the two up scenario. So even without getting specific which creates debate like this ( which I enjoy ) it still plays out

Notre Dame could have a really good season.:(
Here's ND's schedule for 2011:
Sept. 3 South Florida
Sept. 10 at Michigan
Sept. 17 Michigan St.
Sept. 24 at Pittsburgh
Oct. 1 at Purdue
Oct. 8 Air Force
Oct. 22 USC
Oct. 29 Navy
Nov. 5 at Wake Forest
Nov. 12 Maryland
Nov. 19 Boston College
Nov. 26 at Stanford

I can see them winning 10 games and one of those will be against Michigan.

No way. They will be ineligible this year for sure. There is no reason to delay it and I'm sure OSU would rather get the punishment out of the way themselves. My guess is a 2 year bowl ban for OSU starting this year.

The NCAA will have to finish the investigation and make a decision in less than the next six weeks. I don't think that will happen. If it does, OSU will deserve it, but I don't think it will.

Here's ND's scedule

Sept. 8 PURDUE
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN
Sept. 29 Open Date
Oct. 13 STANFORD
Oct. 20 BYU
Oct. 27 at Oklahoma
Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 17 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 24 at USC

The first game against Navy is not going to be easy. You never know how your kids going to play in their first game over sea.
Purdue, Michigan St., and Michigan are going to be tough game. They will lose at least one of these.
I see ND at best 8-4.

There's something fishy about your post. I can't put my finger on what it is, but something seems a little off.:rolleyes:

Here's ND's scedule

Sept. 8 PURDUE
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN
Sept. 29 Open Date
Oct. 13 STANFORD
Oct. 20 BYU
Oct. 27 at Oklahoma
Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 17 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 24 at USC

I see ND at best 8-4.

Now that 2012 is covered what record do you see them having in 2011?

Jumper is probably right that OSU will not be banned from post season this year. Since OSU did not self impose a post season ban for reasons known only to them, and since the NCAA will not hand down the results of it's investigation until early October. It would seem a little unfair to notify them of a post season ban mid season, but maybe they will.

And I'm still not sold on Wisconsin even with Wilson. Unless Wilson can throw at a 73% clip like Tolzien did, they cannot repeat what they did offensively a year ago. Wisconsin was simply clicking last year starting with the OSU game. I think they come back to earth a bit this year.

Latest posts