Finish the home conf. season no losses?

HawksMN

Wouldn't that be something? I think Hawks get Purdue good. PSU will be the dogfight.
If we hadn't caught that sucky DePaul team so darn early.....

It says a lot more about DePaul than it does about us. DePaul also beat Minnesota on the road and Texas Tech at home, and a quick look shows that their starting lineup is the same in the last game as when they played us, so there is no excuse to be 1-12 in their conference.

It says a lot more about DePaul than it does about us. DePaul also beat Minnesota on the road and Texas Tech at home, and a quick look shows that their starting lineup is the same in the last game as when they played us, so there is no excuse to be 1-12 in their conference.

They brought this coach back ... after he left once before. :)

That would put them at 12-8, minimum. Beyond what I thought they’d do.

I had made a bold comment when Garza was a freshman that by the end of his junior season that he would be one of the premier centers in the conference. So I am not surprised by Garza’a performance but I am very surprised by the over all performance of this team.

I had also said the Fran was really going to have his coaching skills tested after we lost the two keys guards from last season. One to injury and the other to transfer. Fran has done a great job thus far this season. Let’s take it all the way to a final four!

I will add this also; I have always said and felt that with most very successful teams you find a sense of role playing for each player on the team and that, that it is really difficult to do when you are trying to rotate ten or more players in every game. Maybe it is just coincidence but I don’t think so. Play your best eight players most of the game and use the rest of your bench to give breathers to those top eight players. If everyone returns that is eligible next season it would not be a stretch to see at least two or more freshmen redshirting.

DePaul was clearly hot early.....and then cratered big time.

Latest posts