Final MRed BTT Predictor Scenarios

STILLBUSTER

We'll know for sure tomorrow but here's who I'm rooting for ...
1) Obviously, Iowa to stomp corn.
2) Michigan to upset Indiana in Bloomington
3) Illannoy to upset Purdue in WLaff

Regardless, if Iowa wins, they are 2 seed. If 2 & 3 occur, this shifts Illannoy, Indiana, Michigan to Purdue's bracket. These are the 3 teams I think would bother Iowa the most right now. I think they can work against Rutgers, Maryland and MSU. Then, it's a rematch with Purdue on a nuetral court ...

I know some don't care about BTT so much in order to get Hawks some rest. I'd like to see them win at least 1 and move their dance seed up to a 6 / possible 5 if win BTT.

With a win, the only was I could come up with a 3 seed is if Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern all win. It gives us a 3-way tie with NW and Indiana:

2. N'western (12 - 8) With Iowa, above Indiana based on round-robin record (3-1). Above Iowa based on winning percentage against #1 teams [Purdue] (1-0).
3. Iowa (12 - 8) With N'western, above Indiana based on round-robin record (3-1). Below N'western based on winning percentage against #1 teams [Purdue] (0-1).
4. Indiana (12 - 8) Below Iowa and N'western based on round-robin record (0-4).

I typed this into Google Translate to try to figure out exactly what it said...

This may not be the only way to win and get the 3 seed, but it's all I could find. The thing if it is, of all of the teams we could tie with, Northwestern is the only team that beat us and we split with them.

Not saying this is for sure, but with a loss, I was able to get Iowa as high as a 4 seed and as low as a 7 seed.

With all of this talk about what seed we get, I don't know how much it really matters. There are 9 teams that could finish with 10, 11, or 12 wins, so really, it's about who we want to play or match up best with. They always say that it's tough to beat a team 3 times (which I think is BS but what do I know) and we all of them at least once. I would rather not be the 4 or 5 so we could delay playing Purdue as long as possible.

With a win, the only was I could come up with a 3 seed is if Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern all win. It gives us a 3-way tie with NW and Indiana:

2. N'western (12 - 8) With Iowa, above Indiana based on round-robin record (3-1). Above Iowa based on winning percentage against #1 teams [Purdue] (1-0).
3. Iowa (12 - 8) With N'western, above Indiana based on round-robin record (3-1). Below N'western based on winning percentage against #1 teams [Purdue] (0-1).
4. Indiana (12 - 8) Below Iowa and N'western based on round-robin record (0-4).

I typed this into Google Translate to try to figure out exactly what it said...

This may not be the only way to win and get the 3 seed, but it's all I could find. The thing if it is, of all of the teams we could tie with, Northwestern is the only team that beat us and we split with them.
This is right. If we win tomorrow, 4 games have to go exact for us to drop to the 3 seed. Honestly the 3 seed would be cool tho. The 3 seed plays the late game which would be cool. But also, the 3 seed bracket has the potential to play a team that played on Wednesday. The 2 seed doesn't have that possibility. If we faced a team like Penn State or Wisconsin coming into their 3rd game in a row, it's gotta be a huge advantage. Especially with the pace we play. Really the only thing better about the 2 seed is it sounds better.

We'll know for sure tomorrow but here's who I'm rooting for ...
1) Obviously, Iowa to stomp corn.
2) Michigan to upset Indiana in Bloomington
3) Illannoy to upset Purdue in WLaff

Regardless, if Iowa wins, they are 2 seed. If 2 & 3 occur, this shifts Illannoy, Indiana, Michigan to Purdue's bracket. These are the 3 teams I think would bother Iowa the most right now. I think they can work against Rutgers, Maryland and MSU. Then, it's a rematch with Purdue on a nuetral court ...

I know some don't care about BTT so much in order to get Hawks some rest. I'd like to see them win at least 1 and move their dance seed up to a 6 / possible 5 if win BTT.
It wasn't the four in four that possibly killed Iowa’s legs in Buffalo last year, it was the early Thursday afternoon draw. Richmond had just completed four in four and wasn't much better, but made just enough plays to hold us off.

I know I posted I would rather see an early exit from the BTT if it meant more rested legs for the NCAA'S, but the variable here is that you have no control over your draw. In last years case I think we would have benefitted from a Friday draw and an extra day of rest.

With 3 games left, there are 8 different possibilities left. Unless I screwed up, which is entirely possible since I'm still pretty groggy from my nap, if Northwestern wins at Rutgers tonight, we get the 5, which means playing the 12/13 seed on Thursday and then the 4 on Friday. If NW loses, we get the 4, which means double bye.

Depending on NW at Rutgers, Iowa either gets the 4 or 5. Frankly, I'd rather see them get the 5 and play Wisconsin / Ohio St. They are officially #3 and #4 on the "HATE" list and I want to see Iowa beat the scat out of Becky Vadger just once this year.

Also, I think the long break until Friday and then playing a warmed up Michigan / Wisconsin / Ohio St and Iowa shits the bed, like today.

Latest posts