Filip Rebraca Thriving in Second Iowa Season

What I think I am noticing is his strength, esp for his size. He is hard to move, and that equals fouls called on the offensive guy pushing on him and also results in opponents passing off cause this guy isn't moving out of the way, he's staying put and defending. Great to see his progress, and the little guy out stronging the big guy.

Is there another three you take in the Big Ten over Murray, Rebraca and Connor right now? Two have been out of high school 6 years, the other one 5 years. I'm not saying they are the three best players in the Big Ten, but that's a hell of a core right now. They fight hard on both ends, and are all super well rounded players who can score in a variety of ways and create opportunities for teammates. All high end competitors. I'm not sure there are three teammates playing any better together than those guys.

Is there another three you take in the Big Ten over Murray, Rebraca and Connor right now? Two have been out of high school 6 years, the other one 5 years. I'm not saying they are the three best players in the Big Ten, but that's a hell of a core right now. They fight hard on both ends, and are all super well rounded players who can score in a variety of ways and create opportunities for teammates. All high end competitors. I'm not sure there are three teammates playing any better together than those guys.
Shows how quickly things can change. Just two weeks ago in Lincoln we looked like the most uninspired, disjointed, anything but tough bunch that ever came down the pike. I called then out for lack of effort all over that game thread, said we had too much experience and proven grit to be playing like that.

Now we have Fran saying he's never had an Iowa team more locked into the game plan than ours was at Rutgers.

Good, like John Kreese would say; I want to see a lot more. A team trusting each other and trusting the plan is tough to beat.