Ferentz needs to pull a Zook

FrozenMadman

Fire KOK, that is beyond the obvious. You are beyond therapy if you think otherwise.

Hire a new DC. Norm ain't comin' back with his health issues (if you think otherwise, do some homework on diabetics in his condition). Phil Parker doesn't hold a candle to NP and NEVER will.

Take some of that 3+M salary and hire someone who can coach as well as someone who can motivate kids to play Div 1 FB for 11 days out of the year. Zook cleaned house and it worked, Ferentz needs to inject some new fresh air into this program as well.

Today's effort and performance screams these two positions. Tell me, anyone, where am I wrong! You can't, because I am correct.

I love Iowa football, followed it for close to forty years, but this is the most depressed I have ever been. Please, clean house!!!!!!

NO. You will be happy with KF's mediocrity year in and Year out and you will enjoy watching Iowa lose to teams it should handily beat.

(I agree with the op. KOK needs to GTFO and norm is done, no disrespect. This staff and team need new blood.)

I may take some heat for this but bring in ol' Dan McCarney as D coordinator - he'll fire up the troops. I agree that after this year Norm will most likely not be back.

Folks need to remember this...for the vast majority of the KF era, the Iowa offense has been well below average. KOK does what Kirk wants him to do. That's why he is there.

I think up to the last two weeks, Iowa has executed what KOK has called this year. The last two weeks, the execution has not been there...untimely penalties...poor choices on the field.

Folks need to remember this...for the vast majority of the KF era, the Iowa offense has been well below average. KOK does what Kirk wants him to do. That's why he is there.

I think up to the last two weeks, Iowa has executed what KOK has called this year. The last two weeks, the execution has not been there...untimely penalties...poor choices on the field.

Jon, I will agree that KOK does do what KF wants- but is there a point that maybe KOK isn't doing everything he can under these guidelines? I mean, i'm not saying go to an all out spread... but isn't KOK ultimately responsible for the execution and playcalling on the offense?

Ferentz is stubborn...he will not make any changes. He will say it was execution like he does after every other loss. If the hawks don't perfectly execute the majority of plays, it usually doesn't end well. It really doesn't matter who the opponent is either.

IOWA is the definition of insanity: doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. This is when it comes to playing Northwestern. We need an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator who will mix it up, adjust to the opponent.

Obviously our game plan against Northwestern the last 6 years has not worked. Ever hear of press coverage? Ever hear of all out blitz on more than two occassions?? The same game plan that beats Michigan State will obviously NOT work against Northwestern. We still have NOT adjusted in 6 years!!!

How about the ex South Florida coach with Iowa ties as D cord. How did all that end in south Florida is he hire able.

Ferentz is stubborn...he will not make any changes. He will say it was execution like he does after every other loss. If the hawks don't perfectly execute the majority of plays, it usually doesn't end well. It really doesn't matter who the opponent is either.

fair, but at what point is the coaching staff not to blame for preparation or execution? i'm not harping on you here... just questioning.

Gotta say I agree with the assessment of our offense. At times our O has looked good but I am getting tired of the dumb plays and poor execution.

Latest posts