Ferentz Era TEs in the NFL

Bassfuser

I was watching the Arizona game from last year and the announcers mentioned that Iowa had 6 TEs drafted by the NFL since the year 2000. That would make 7 with Moeaki. Iowa must be TE U!

The ones I can remember are:
Dallas Clark
Scott Chandler
Branden Myers
Tony Moeaki
EriK Jensen

I can't think of the other 2.

I think from early years, Zeron Flemister and Austin Wheatley. I cant recall if they were actually drafted but think they both were in NFL camps and I know Flemister made roster for year or two, maybe more.

Tony Jackson--6th round to the Seahawks in 2005

Flemister was not drafted, but was signed as a free agent.

I think from early years, Zeron Flemister and Austin Wheatley. I cant recall if they were actually drafted but think they both were in NFL camps and I know Flemister made roster for year or two, maybe more.

This is correct. Flemister played for the Redskins for a few years. Wheatley was on the Saints roster for a little while. I believe I heard somewhere where every TE in the Ferentz era has been drafted or made an NFL roster.

I went to media guide to check. Wheatley was drafted as was Tony Jackson. Earlier poster correct that Flemister was free agent.

This is correct. Flemister played for the Redskins for a few years. Wheatley was on the Saints roster for a little while. I believe I heard somewhere where every TE in the Ferentz era has been drafted or made an NFL roster.

I heard or read the same, every starting TE under Ferentz has made it to the NFL. That's amazing. CJ made a wise choice. And I do think Reisner will keep that going, maybe not drafted but free agency for sure. By now the NFL knows they are gettign solid players out of Iowa. Just a matter of time before the High School kids and coaches pick up on it.

Think back to the 80's and 90's. TE has always been big at Iowa. Jonathan Hayes, Mike Flagg, Marv Cook, Micheal Titley, Alan Cross, Scott Slutzker, OK then a dry spell with Tripeer.

I heard or read the same, every starting TE under Ferentz has made it to the NFL. That's amazing. CJ made a wise choice. And I do think Reisner will keep that going, maybe not drafted but free agency for sure. By now the NFL knows they are gettign solid players out of Iowa. Just a matter of time before the High School kids and coaches pick up on it.

If Myers can be drafted I certainly think Reisner could be. Dont get me wrong, Myers was one hell of a TE for us, but I think Reisner may have a few more eyes on him than what Myers did before his senior season. And to also just add the fact that we do have a long streak of TE's to be drafted, I'm sure the scouts will be looking into Reisner as well.

If Iowa's TEs had "stuck" in the NFL better, we probably would have the title of "TE U." However, in recent history, Miami still holds that honor.

Of course, if Myers, Chandler, and Moeaki each end up sticking and making names for themselves ... Iowa will become awfully competitive!

If Iowa's TEs had "stuck" in the NFL better, we probably would have the title of "TE U." However, in recent history, Miami still holds that honor.

Of course, if Myers, Chandler, and Moeaki each end up sticking and making names for themselves ... Iowa will become awfully competitive!

Yeah - it really isn't a contest (at the moment) for TE U. Miami holds that distinction clearly. Since 2000: Bubba Franks, Mondriel Fulcher, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Kevin Everett (career cut short due to spinal injury, sad story), Buck Ortega, Greg Olsen, Jimmy Graham, and Dedrick Epps. Iowa is probably a very good argument for the understudy though, and if it continues to recruit players like CJ - I think Iowa has a chance to overtake Miami in the next few years. Georgia has had some pretty good TE's too. Iowa and Georgia are a tie for #2 TE U if you ask me, with momentum in Iowa's favor.

Iowa and the coaching staff do a nice job of developing pass catching and blocking TE which is rare. If Moeaki would give us another big name TE in NFL.

Kirk has done a great job, but that's been Iowa's thing for a long time, way before Kirk. Glad to see it continue.

Hamilton looks a beast on tape

we are loaded at that position and love the qb sit w/ VB and the new stud
out of Florida who runs a pro style offv with last years National HS Champs

Lets get Miller, French and some a few more studs defv and on the offv
line and then go kick some tail !!!!

Latest posts