Fenway

floydvane

Was flipping around the tube last night, looking at the 151 channels of crap and came across IPTV. Anybody happen to catch "Inside Fenway Park: An Icon at 100" ? This was the best hour of TV I have seen in a very long time. The first half hour it shows what it thats to put on a game at the park, from the view of ground crew,hot-dog guys, bat boy, players, score keepers in the green monster, building manager, with lots of behind the scenes looks. Second half is kind of a history of the park. Will be airing again Friday, and Saturday. Almost a must if your a baseball fan, and a good watch if not a ball fan, just to see all the goings on.

I did catch it and it was great. My wife who isn't even a real big sports fan enjoyed it too. Someday I hope to catch a game there. Cubs vs. Red Sox sitting on top of the green monster is about tops on my bucket list....preferably in the World Series !

I watched this a couple nights ago. It was pretty good. Anytime you can see behind the scenes of something like is great.

I watched this a couple nights ago. It was pretty good. Anytime you can see behind the scenes of something like is great.

I thought it was pretty funny that the guy who has run the manual scoreboard for like the last 20 years is actually a Yankees fan. He shouldn't have said that on camera he might lose his job now ;)

Went to a minor league doubleheader at Fenway last summer. GREAT place to watch a ballgame.

You should watch PBS more often. Some of the best TV out there - much better than most crap that's on. Ken Burns' Prohibition is just phenomenal.

Went to a minor league doubleheader at Fenway last summer. GREAT place to watch a ballgame.

try going to a red sox game.. terrible place to watch a game. fans more concerned with going to concessions than watching the game. sat by rf foul pole and missed almost the entire game because of the massive line of people going to and from the concession stand.

Fenway is a urine-soaked dump. Small seats, horrible views, overpriced, jerkoff new englanders everywhere, and it smells like moldy puke.
But hey, it's a "cathedral".
Yeah. Sure it is.

Fenway is a urine-soaked dump. Small seats, horrible views, overpriced, jerkoff new englanders everywhere, and it smells like moldy puke.
Yeah. Sure it is.

It's better than Old Yankee Stadium. That place sucked.

I'll take my newer venues. Giants, Rockies, Orioles (older but great)....those are wayyyyy better.

Yeah. Sure it is.

This, and the neighborhood around it sucks too. However, the city is very easy to get around in as long as you aren't driving.

I was lucky enough to get out to Fenway a couple years ago with a friend who works in MLB. We had access to all areas of the ballpark before/during/after games. On the field during BP, inside locker rooms, press box, etc. Watched a game from the top of the Green Monster.

Wrigley and Fenway are 1 and 1A in my opinion. I love the old ballparks!

Latest posts