Feels like Indiana 2009

mhawk

This game feels strangely similar to the Indiana game in 2009. I don't know if it's the whole Halloween thing or not, but it just has the same feel to it. Similar opponent, similar situation. I'm hoping for the same end result, but I can't help but shake the feeling that we may need to dig out of a hole. Maybe I've just had too much time to think about it with the bye week and all...

This one worries me, fastest running QB we will see all year. If the line wears down and gives up the edge, could be a long long day. We are getting everyone's best effort, were top 10 beating us is a season maker for all remaining teams.

I hope so.....we waxed Indiana that year 42-24....we had a 300 yard passing day, a back with over 100 rushing yards, and 2 receivers with over 100 yards. We outgained Indiana that day 480 to 306.

Ken O Keefe calling deep bomb passes to DJK and McNutt into the wind, tyler sash pinball interception return, bad replay that doesn't show ball being dropped out of bound by Indiana receiver.....

I ain't worried ... Maryland can't stop the run fellas

Pound, Pound and Pound

we have the LBS to handle that qb

Hawks will go for at least 250 rushing yards and the OL will wear out their front

I simply hate watching read option run attack. Hate it. And hate it more as a fan of the opposition. For this reason, I hope Iowa dominates.

Hmmm, not sure I agree on Indy, 2009 ... Feels more like the summer of '69, or, maybe, late December, back in '63. Either way, I also can't fight this feeling, deep inside of me. I just have to let it go and realize it's nothing more than having too much time on my hands.

The parallels between this weeks game and the Indiana game 2009 (Tyler Sash/"Trick-or-Treat Iowa City")are uncanny....
-both played on Halloween in IC
-Hawks come in undefeated and ranked in top 10
-Hawks favored by 17 points
-Hawks led by dynamic junior quarterback
-Opponent color scheme is red

Just hope we don't fall behind big like we did in 2009.

Latest posts