Feature: Connor McCaffery A Coach in Waiting

The more I read about the health issues for Iowa athletes in football and basketball, the greater my admiration grows. Connor and Patrick are glowing examples of great courage. And they have lots of company.

What I like about Connor is he has his dad's basketball IQ without the anger issues. Seems to really keep his head on strait when Fran is losing his.

Connor's sister, Marit, has asthma. The family was very careful back in '20-21. It's been through a lot.

Interested to see where CM's coaching career starts, and if he ends up doing something else eventually, like his mother wants. I doubt that.

He could give the NBA a try at some point (as a coach). I don't think he's set on college ball.

The more I read about the health issues for Iowa athletes in football and basketball, the greater my admiration grows. Connor and Patrick are glowing examples of great courage. And they have lots of company.
I get what you are saying, but they did have a pretty good path.

I would think with Barta, he would have a great shot at getting a job here.....if there ever was an opening.
Son's of farmers have advantages and disadvantages being mentored by dad. The weak side is they develop dad's system...the good and the bad. Learning from someone else would be a good thing.

Son's of farmers have advantages and disadvantages being mentored by dad. The weak side is they develop dad's system...the good and the bad. Learning from someone else would be a good thing.

Agreed. That's why his plan is to go elsewhere.