Fearless Predictions - 2012

WinOneThisCentury

James Vandenberg breaks Chuck Hartlieb's single season passing yardage record of 3738 yards.

Here me out...

Greg Davis is known for focusing his offensive production where his best players are and what they do well. From this I would tell you we throw the ball to set up the run and we will be committed to this. In light of where our RB's are, I think this is a good strategy.

Couple the fact that we May HAVE the best TE duo in the Big Ten (i know it's not based on production...just potential)...and you have to use your weapons wisely and get them the ball. The short passing game to the TE's and RB's is going to get JVB to the mark above.

JVB threw the ball 404 times last year. He may throw it 475 this year.

That's my fearless prediction...yours?

I predict nothing remarkable happens, and this year will be as forgettable as that one year back then when we did OK. I think what's his name was QB.

But seriously, this isn't a team you should make bold predictions on.

JVB breaks nearly every Hawkeye single season record.

Which means there are a ton of catches to go around. 6 or 7 guys with 30+ receptions.

The Hawkeyes will take the field for home games to a homemade US Olympics style version of the players and coaches lip syncing to "Call Me Maybe" playing on the video board.

I predict nothing remarkable happens, and this year will be as forgettable as that one year back then when we did OK. I think what's his name was QB.

Was going to say this very thing. I predict a very pedestrian season with little remarkable happening.

I always love your positive imput. I can always count on "glass half empty" before I read your posts.

I will not have to run naked down Burlington street because ISU didnt make a BCS bowl game and didn't win their conference.. Backing up the bet I made on here to an ISU poster.

There will be no further injuries, bad decisions, or all around general malarkey with our running backs the rest of the season.

James Vandenberg breaks Chuck Hartlieb's single season passing yardage record of 3738 yards.

Here me out...

Greg Davis is known for focusing his offensive production where his best players are and what they do well. From this I would tell you we throw the ball to set up the run and we will be committed to this. In light of where our RB's are, I think this is a good strategy.

Couple the fact that we May HAVE the best TE duo in the Big Ten (i know it's not based on production...just potential)...and you have to use your weapons wisely and get them the ball. The short passing game to the TE's and RB's is going to get JVB to the mark above.

JVB threw the ball 404 times last year. He may throw it 475 this year.

That's my fearless prediction...yours?

I'm not sure if Vandenberg will break the yardage record (wouldn't be surprised) but I'm guessing he'll have a good shot at most total passes attempted and completed in a season. His touchdown passes and interception totals also probably will be up from last year.

He and the Iowa receiving corps (including the TEs) is the strength of the offense and will likely be relied on to a a greater degree than most Iowa teams usually would like to see in a balanced attack. He also is in his senior season and needs to impress if he wants to be drafted high in the NFL.

Beyond that, another main reason I think it is stacking up well for a record breaking year from Vandenburg is that the defense will likely give up more scores per game than Iowa teams generally do. This will mean more shootouts, or in games where Iowa is being beaten badly, more passing to try to get back into the game. In either case, that will mean more passing than usual.

I'm not sure if Vandenberg will break the yardage record (wouldn't be surprised) but I'm guessing he'll have a good shot at most total passes attempted and completed in a season. His touchdown passes and interception totals also probably will be up from last year.

He and the Iowa receiving corps (including the TEs) is the strength of the offense and will likely be relied on to a a greater degree than most Iowa teams usually would like to see in a balanced attack. He also is in his senior season and needs to impress if he wants to be drafted high in the NFL.

Beyond that, another main reason I think it is stacking up well for a record breaking year from Vandenburg is that the defense will likely give up more scores per game than Iowa teams generally do. This will mean more shootouts, or in games where Iowa is being beaten badly, more passing to try to get back into the game. In either case, that will mean more passing than usual.

The other thing to consider is that this team has been paying special attention and putting significant time into the no huddle offense. If it starts clicking, we will be throwing a ton.

I really think JVB, if he's protected, and there is no reason to think he won't be...will make history...he's the man, and he's going to have to carry this offense to wins.

Well it was pretty evident last year that JVB is more comfy back in the shotgun pitching the ball around.

James Vandenberg breaks Chuck Hartlieb's single season passing yardage record of 3738 yards.Here me out...Greg Davis is known for focusing his offensive production where his best players are and what they do well. From this I would tell you we throw the ball to set up the run and we will be committed to this. In light of where our RB's are, I think this is a good strategy. Couple the fact that we May HAVE the best TE duo in the Big Ten (i know it's not based on production...just potential)...and you have to use your weapons wisely and get them the ball. The short passing game to the TE's and RB's is going to get JVB to the mark above. JVB threw the ball 404 times last year. He may throw it 475 this year. That's my fearless prediction...yours?

JVB has a huge year but still can't make up for a pitiful defense and the team record will inhale vigorously.

Latest posts