Favorite Sports Teams

Section136

I think I have seen this in the past on here but who are everybodys favorite teams? I dont think we need to cover college as 99% of the answers on here would be the same.

Basketball: Celtics
Football: Vikings
Baseball: Cubs

Football -Oakland Raiders (oh crap, did I say that outloud?)
Basketball -Philadelphia 76ers (oh crap, did I say that outloud?)
Baseball- Kansas City Royals (Oh crap, did I say that outloud?)

I know they are all losers now. But back in the day when I started rooting for teams, these teams were very good.
I stay with teams..Nothing worse than bandwagon fans!

Football- Chicago Bears
Basketball- Chicago Bulls
Baseball- Chicago Cubs

The only professional sport I really follow is baseball. I've always liked the city of Chicago therefore I usually just root for the respective teams and sports.

Football- Chicago Bears
Basketball- Chicago Bulls
Baseball- Chicago Cubs

The only professional sport I really follow is baseball. I've always liked the city of Chicago therefore I usually just root for the respective teams and sports.

Man O Man Herky thats some real diversity.

Your favorite Ice cream - Vanilla
Your favorite Malt -Vanilla
Your favorite pudding -vanilla

Just giving you a hard time!
lol

Football-Chicago Bears (huge Payton fan). I've adopted the Colts with so many prominent Hawkeyes.

Basketball-LA Lakers (grew up with Showtime and Magic). I usually adopt another team during playoffs to make it interesting. For a while I liked the Heat early in D-Wade's career (not anymore).

Baseball-MN Twins (live here), Chicago Cubs

Hockey-who cares, right? I guess the MN Wild because my kids do.

NFL - Green Bay Packers
MLB - SF Giants
NHL - Blackhawks
NCAAFB - Auburn
NCAABB - Duke, but might change soon

NFL- Bears
MLB-Cardinals
NBA- Sonics ( I know they are gone, but I just can't decide if I want to cheer or OKC or not)

I know it's totally wrong to like a team from St. Louis and a team from Chicago, but growing up in area with no pro teams it just happened that way. And even as a Cards fan I can't hate the Cubs, I have tried, but when I was a kid, the Hawk, Sandberg and crew were one of the few teams that would ever be on tv.

NFL = Dallas Cowboys (copied brother who is 7 years older, 1st memory is SB VI win)
MLB = Chicago Cubs (decided to follow own team, brother liked White Sox)
NBA = Minnesota Timberwolves (lived in Rochester when team started)
NHL = Chicago BlackHawks (used to be on WGN way back)

NBA: Da Bulls
MLB: Cardinals
NHL: Penguins
NFL: Free agent. I divorced the Raiders last year and just haven't been able to choose a new team yet.

What did you do, pick the team that won all the time in each sport when you were young and made them your favorite?

Since I must justify my choices to you, I guess I will.

Braves (since '92)- my first memory of watching baseball was when I watched the 1991 WS w/ my Grandpa. I was 6-years old at the time. I did not have a "favorite" team. I did not really care who won that WS. Obviously, the Twins won that year. So the next summer when I was out of school I really started getting into baseball, and there were two teams on TV every day when I was home. The Cubs on WGN and the Braves on TBS. I went with the Braves because I could not stand Harry Carey.

49ers ('94)- this one you might be able to call me a "bandwagon" fan. I did not have a favorite team, and all my friends liked the Cowboys or the Packers. To be different, I started cheering for the Niners.

Lakers ('96)- they sucked when I started cheering for them. I saw a Kobe Bryant high school game on ESPN when I was in 6th grade, and I loved the guy. I decided I would cheer for whatever team drafted him. On draft night, I thought I was going to be a Hornets fan. Then they traded him to the Lakers. The next few years were far from glorious. Then there was the 3-peat from '00-'02. Then a few rough years again before the last two years. Sadly, this run may be over soon. Oh well, it has been fun. The Lakers are the team that I am in to the most though. I have seen them play a minimum of twice a year since '02 when I turned 18 and could drive myself to games. I was even at Staples when Kobe dropped 65 in March of '07.

So, yeah, call me a bandwagon fan if you want, but I would hardly call myself that.

Bandwagon fans jump from team to team. I have never wavered, or switched allegiances. And it is not like the Braves or 49ers have sniffed a ring in over a decade.

MLB: The Chicago Cubs

NFL: The Pittsburgh Steelers

NBA: The Los Angeles Lakers

NHL: Colorado Avalanche

English Premiere League: Just Kidding...

Latest posts