Favorite Moment of 2010

Section136

Now that the 2010 season is officially in the books for the Hawkeyes, I want to get everyone's favorite moment from the 2010 season. It could be one at Kinnick, or at a sports bar or from your own living room. I will start:

There has been numerous people say that the noise in the 4th quarter against Wisconsin was the loudest they have ever heard Kinnick and I agree with that statement. When our D took the field in the 4th with a 30-24 lead the place was going absolutely bonkers. My wife and I have season tickets in the North Endzone and we are all standing. I lean over to her and had to have been about 6 inches from her face and yell "THIS PLACE IS GOING ******* NUTS!!!"

Her response......"WHAT!?!?" She could not hear what I said so we just kept on going apeshit with the rest of the crowd.

I still smile when I think of it because that place was loud and electric. I cannot wait to get back in Kinnick Stadium and welcome the boys to Back in Black on September 3rd.

My favorite was Kirk and Norm together after the win at Insight!!! Really what Iowa football is all about.

Thanks Jon for sharing that moment with us.

Go Hawks

My favorite moment was sitting at the Big House watching Iowa seal the win and the flood of Michigan fans leaving in complete denial.

The Binns pick 6 against Arizona. In the time leading up to that, I thought "Same old crap from the Hawks, a legit chance to win some serious hardware and we're gonna flush it down the toilet" but then with that TD, I thought the world had changed and the football gods were on our side, then the missed XP happened and I realized I wasn't dreaming.

The Sash pick and lateral to Hyde against Michigan State was my favorite play of the year.

the way we ended 2010.... Hyde pick 6 for the victory in the insight bowl.

Not a bad culmination to the season beating #12 who had beaten 1 bcs team who was ranked #1 at the time.

My favorite moment was when the broadcast of the Missouri game ended. This season took too much out of me. I'm glad its over. To end with a win is nice too but for me this season just needed to end.

Although it didnt end the way we wanted, the loudness of Kinnick during the Wisconsin game is something I won't soon forget.

The second Reisner caught that game-clinching pass last night. Just because it was so shockingly...creative.

KOK FTW.

Binns pick six
Greenwood pick against Wisky when the place went crazy, we all thought we had won
Hyde Part I
Hyde Part II

For me this is an easy one. Greenwood's pick against Wisconsin. It might be one of those "you had to be there" moments to truely appreciate what it was like.

I'd have to agree with ICHawk, Coker's run and Stanzi's pass where he got annihilated vs. OSU (because I was there at the game) and The Sash lateral. I think Hyde's INT from last night makes the list as well.

For me, it was easily the win against ISUck. We had a highly-ranked team with a promising season laid out in front of us.

It came apart fast and I am glad the season is over. An ugly win in a late-night bowl game in December doesn't change any of that.

Without a doubt the saga of MelroseGuy and his buddy Paco. Raise your barleypops to MelorseGuy!

Last edited:

Latest posts