Favorite Moment Last Night vs Cincinnati

WinOneThisCentury

Ok, we are in the midst of the turnover mess where our guard trio was doing their best Three Stooges routine...and Garza gets a long rebound around the elbow. Our guards are trying to shake their guys and the look on Garza's face was like, ok, I'll bring it up. I love me a some Luka Garza. He got to mid court and thought maybe that was enough.

I watched Ohio State against Kentucky last night. Wow...they can defend and are going to give our guards fits. Carton may only be at OSU for two years...and I'm not sure he needs to stay another year. That kid is special.

If Iowa would have landed Carton...Iowa would be a top ten team right now.

In Toussaint's defense...it looked like he was getting fouled alot. It's weird because up to that point...he's handled any physicality really well...and was dishing it out too. In hindsight...Fran may have wanted to go with a big lineup to start and bring him off the bench. Start him at home.

Last edited:
Toussaint made some bad mistakes at the beginning of the game and it seemed to have set the tone for the game. It was his first start and maybe nerves set in. Hopefully he can see some positive minutes against a weaker team in Kennesaw State, the team is gonna need Toussaint in B10 play.

After the 4th straight turnover when Fran (somewhat calmly) yelled at the team to "wake up" ... about 2 seconds after I yelled the same two words in my living room.

Luka had some big rebounds, a block and a tip out or two late in the game to keep Hokks in it and stop Cincy.

It’s gotta be Garza’s offensive board and kick out for Wieskamp’s three. I believe Iowa was trailing at the time and would never trail after that.

Gotta give Fran credit for keeping his cool and not blowing his stack at the refs. They were ruff housing Toussaint and getting away with it. That can strongly affect a players game especially for a young player.

Still scratching my head as it looked like Toussaint and Evelyn switched bodies in this game. Will be nice if they both can get it going at the same time.

Gotta love Fredric as that kid has ice in his veins if he is left open. He probably is our best pure shooter from the outside now that Bo is out of the lineup.

I am happy for the win but we are going to have to get our guards up to snuff on handling the ball and taking care of it or else it’s going to be a long year once we get to the conference.

Latest posts