father-son career scoring leaders

Zstatman

When Dev Marble was playing I started keeping track of the career father-son scoring leaders. I had the list on an excel spreadsheet that I lost when I upgraded to Windows 10. I'll have my son look the file up as he's better at it than I am.

Anway, Roy and Dev ended up with around 3600 career points which had them ranked #7 all time I think. If memroy serves they just passed Steve and Bryce Alford to get there.

The Curry's, Dell, Steph and Seth are the runaway leaders at around 7000 points.

The Barry's, Rick and sons are up there.

Pete Maravich and sons are up there. One of his sons had only 1 point but with all of Pete's points they were up there.

It got me to thinking that with the McCaffrey's and Murray's we now have that rare oddity where two families from the same team might make a run at the top 10.

The Murray's are in the best shape. Kenyon had 1230 and based on one game Keegan and Kris should boost them up the ladder.

The McCaffrey's have a ways more to go. I had never checked this but Fran had a total of 246 career points. I always thought he was a star point guard but evidently not. He had his most points his freshman year at Wake Forest then in 3 years at Penn he never had more than 100 points in any oneyear. Conner isn't much of a scorer and has 342 career points going into this year. So if the McCaffrey's are going to make a run it will be up to Patrick. You've got to have at least 3000 to make a run at the Top 10.

Once I get access to my spreadsheet I'll post the list.

Last edited:
When Dev Marble was playing I started keeping track of the career father-son scoring leaders. I had the list on an excel spreadsheet that I lost when I upgraded to Windows 10. I'll have my son look the file up as he's better at it than I am.

Anway, Roy and Dev ended up with around 3600 career points which had them ranked #7 all time I think. If memroy serves they just passed Steve and Bryce Alford to get there.

The Curry's, Dell, Steph and Seth are the runaway leaders at around 7000 points.

The Barry's, Rick and sons are up there.

Pete Maravich and sons are up there. One of his sons had only 1 point but with all of Pete's points they were up there.

It got me to thinking that with the McCaffrey's and Murray's we now have that rare oddity where two families from the same team might make a run at the top 10.

The Murray's are in the best shape. I believe Kenyon had 1228 and based on one game Keegan and Kris should boost them up the ladder.

The McCaffrey's have a ways more to go. I had never checked this but Fran had a total of 246 career points. I always thought he was a star point guard but evidently not. He had his most points his freshman year at Wake Forest then in 3 years at Penn he never had more than 100 points in any oneyear. Conner isn't much of a scorer and has 342 career points going into this year. So if the McCaffrey's are going to make a run it will be up to Patrick. You've got to have at least 3000 to make a run at the Top 10.

Once I get access to my spreadsheet I'll post the list.
Your files is never lost. I’m interested in that. I was thinking Bill Walton and his son, Luke. Bill played at UCLA and Luke played at Arizona. They could have been somewhere near the top. I would think... I will research on that.

Latest posts