Fans held hostage by NIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Leclair

The BIG Ten will get $1 Billion per year for 7 years with the new TV deal. That’s roughly $72 million per year for each school. Factor in ticket sales, team merchandise, concessions and many other ways schools get $$$. Let’s not forget all the tax breaks they get as well.

With that being said, if fans what Iowa to be competitive they will have to pay for the contracts or “NIL” for players. Every year said players will test the portholes to get bidding wars for their services. Meaning fans will have to increase their “donations” to keep or get new players.

Meanwhile, the schools don’t have to give 1 red cent. Seems like some total BS if ya ask me. The TV money needs to be made public to show what schools are spending it on.

The BIG Ten will get $1 Billion per year for 7 years with the new TV deal. That’s roughly $72 million per year for each school. Factor in ticket sales, team merchandise, concessions and many other ways schools get $$$. Let’s not forget all the tax breaks they get as well.

With that being said, if fans what Iowa to be competitive they will have to pay for the contracts or “NIL” for players. Every year said players will test the portholes to get bidding wars for their services. Meaning fans will have to increase their “donations” to keep or get new players.

Meanwhile, the schools don’t have to give 1 red cent. Seems like some total BS if ya ask me. The TV money needs to be made public to show what schools are spending it on.
Schools used to get a lot of money from donations that are now going to be allocated to NIL. They stand to lose as much as anyone, but that TV money should make em feel better.

If people don’t think Iowa has a lot to offer, my question is, why are you a fan? Iowa has a ton to offer and is and will prove that they will have as much to offer as any school in the country. I think ultimately, over the long run, a school like Iowa will benefit from NIL.

Seriously, what are all you pussies worried about?

It’s only small little scared grirls who don’t want to go into the dark, Iowa isn’t scared of the dark and thankfully Iowa has good leadership and seems primed for many more years of athletic excellence. Remember they still gotta go to school, that didn’t change

Last edited:

First, it’s called the portal, not porthole.

Second, there’s a dedicated thread for people to bitch about NIL if you would’ve read the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.