FanHouse Article on Iowa's "Coaching Carousel"

I think it was aimed at mid-major coaches who have success at smaller programs but can't parlay it to wins at bigger schools. You have to be careful what you wish for.

It would be ok if the article had all the facts and had presented all the facts.

There were many factors in play that the article just left out.

Iowa fans are no different than any other fans in any other school. Who knows what might have happened had the University president allowed Bowlsby to release Davis and not make Bowlsby give him a lame duck year. That one year of not being able to recruit hurt the program badly although Alford's inexperience hurt the program more.

What it comes down to is that many mid major coaches are not ready to take over major programs and Iowa happened to find to coaches in a row that had no clue what to do. When Alford finally figured out what to do he had overstayed his welcome at Iowa and there is still NO guarantee that he would have been successful here.

I think the Iowa administration and some of the fan base were greedy when TD was pushed out. Lots of talk of going to the dreaded "next level" that Alford was going to take us to, and what TD accomplished year in and year out was taken for granted imo. When it came to Alford leaving that was on him - he was jumping at the 1st job regardless. As far as Lick we have endured 3 of the worst seasons in Iowa bball so i think the fans who want a change are not being greedy.

Its tough to think of what could of been. If Mr. Davis isnt pushed out he coaches for awhile and then Keno takes over....hindsight is 20/20 i guess

Iowa needs to hire a top recruiting assistant with a top flight coach. Rick Pitino assistants have done well. He gives his assistants a lot of responsibilities within the program. Hire one, give him a chance to hire coaches with AAU contacts and watch out. Iowa with new facility changes coming...a young guy with some charisma makin a connection with the student body. You will have Iowa back as a player in the round of 32. I believe that...:cool:

Latest posts