Faith in NCAA to do the right thing

kameltoez102

ESPN just ran a story about the NCAA coming out and talking about the alleged severe violations of Kansas. Will the NCAA finally have enough guts to really punish Kansas, Louisville and the other cheaters? The NCAA has really blown a lot of big cases including North Carolina, Penn State, and so far the issues happening at Michigan State. My guess is they will roll over for the money but maybe we have a sliver of hope with how hig profile some of the cases are getting.

Not sure. Louisville is pleading that everyone involved is gone. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

NCAA may have to rebrand itself. Maybe they will change. NCAA sports will not come out of COVID 19 unscathed. Will that be for better or worse.

Had PSU been several years later maybe it would have had a harder sentence.

Better chance they come down on Iona harder when all they did was hire Pitino knowing all the baggage he was coming with... Kansas will get the UNC treatment from a few yrs ago.. Moving on...

I don't have a lot of faith that they will punish a blue blood like Kansas like they should. There is too much money for them involved.

And why is Sean Miller still walking around at Arizona as if nothing has happened? And all of other schools involved in the dirty underworld of amateur basketball and sneakers? A lot of information was handed to the NCAA on a platter from the FBI and it doesn't seem like a whole lot has come out of that.

If the NCAA does nothing, should other members of the Big 12 Conference disqualify Kansas from winning the conference, winning the conference tournament, and not being able to participate in the NCAA tournament? Maybe they could impose a scholarship level on Kansas as well. This subject would not be a topic at all except the FBI/Feds brought out the charges of money being passed around. To me the conference has more power to do the right thing.
Maybe the way it should work is the NCAA takes the problem to the conference commissioner and says deal with it. If they do nothing they disqualify all teams in that conference from NCAA events.

If the NCAA does nothing, should other members of the Big 12 Conference disqualify Kansas from winning the conference, winning the conference tournament, and not being able to participate in the NCAA tournament? Maybe they could impose a scholarship level on Kansas as well. This subject would not be a topic at all except the FBI/Feds brought out the charges of money being passed around. To me the conference has more power to do the right thing.
Maybe the way it should work is the NCAA takes the problem to the conference commissioner and says deal with it. If they do nothing they disqualify all teams in that conference from NCAA events.
That scenario would require two assumptions being true that aren't.

1) That conferences are morally upstanding.

2) That conferences would dare stand up to the NCAA. That would be business suicide. Money comes before everything. EVERYthing.