Expansion Talk

pmchawk

Watch if the expansion goes to 14 it will include

Pitt
Iowa State
Cincy

That would make 2 teams for Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, & Penn. then there is Wisconsin and Minnesota which might as well be 1 state.

If it does go to 14 though it is possible for the 10 could mean states. since we are currently at 7.

I am a cyclone fan and will say there is zero chance of ISU going to the big 10. ISU doesn't really add anything in tv viewers or exposure. I guess maybe if there was literally nobody else they may have a shot.

I love the idea of a 14-team superconference. 14 will never happen, but if it was up to me, I would want:

Nebraska (football)
Kansas (basketball)
Missouri (seems like a good idea)

Pitt, Iowa State, and Cincy wouldn't add any tv markets.

I think Iowa State has a lot to gain in the Big Ten since they would be on TV and not just on the radio. Also the Big Ten would pay the school quite a bit more than what they are currently getting from the Big 12.

Big10 won't bring in anyone who's not going to feed the cash machine...ISU doesn't fit the bill..

Unless the conference is mistakenly thinking that Iowa fans watch ISU games like Clone fans watch Iowa games, thus wrongly tripling their estimated figures and...sh!t, lost myself...where was I? OH YES! Won't happen...

I am a cyclone fan and will say there is zero chance of ISU going to the big 10. ISU doesn't really add anything in tv viewers or exposure. I guess maybe if there was literally nobody else they may have a shot.

Have you looked at what it would mean to ISU's cofers to share all the bowl money rather than the way the Big 12 does it? If Notre Dame's take from the Big Ten was going to be bigger than they currently get, my guess is ISU would reap huge rewards from joining the Big Ten.

My guess is ISU would make the move if asked. I just don't think ISU is on the Big Ten's radar although with it's reputation as one of the top ag research universities ,i.e. - Penn State, Purdue, it could happen.

Everyone seems to forget the Big Ten Conference is also about research and academics. This always seems to get lost in the conversation.

Have you looked at what it would mean to ISU's cofers to share all the bowl money rather than the way the Big 12 does it? If Notre Dame's take from the Big Ten was going to be bigger than they currently get, my guess is ISU would reap huge rewards from joining the Big Ten.

My guess is ISU would make the move if asked. I just don't think ISU is on the Big Ten's radar although with it's reputation as one of the top ag research universities ,i.e. - Penn State, Purdue, it could happen.

I would agree a lot more money for ISU and I also think that ISU is not on there radar. I am thinking The Big Ten is going out west. My guess is Pitt, Rutgers or another west coast team.

Everyone seems to forget the Big Ten Conference is also about research and academics. This always seems to get lost in the conversation.

I was saying there is zero chance ISU would be asked to join the big 10 because they don't bring anything like viewers or recognition. It would be great for ISU, but it ain't going to happen.

I would agree a lot more money for ISU and I also think that ISU is not on there radar. I am thinking The Big Ten is going out west. My guess is Pitt, Rutgers or another west coast team.

I think you mean east, buddy.

I was saying there is zero chance ISU would be asked to join the big 10 because they don't bring anything like viewers or recognition. It would be great for ISU, but it ain't going to happen.

My apologies. After rereading your post I missed your point. We agree it would be good for ISU but doubt the Big Ten is interested.

As I don't know anything about the research portions of each university it is hard for me to make an educated guess on who is on the radar.

Pitt and Rutgers make sense as it would open a bigger piece of the east coast television market, not sure of coverage out there for the Big Ten Network. Missouri makes sense as it opens the St. Louis and Kansas City markets.

The idea of Texas, while it would be an unprecedented move, is a bit absurd in my thoughts. Just don't see Texas being interested.

Latest posts