Events in Tampa. Please list if you can make it. GO HAWKS!

Twostar

The following are two big events that will be held in Tampa.

Fight for Iowa Bowl Preview Show and Welcome Party
December 30th
7 pm
Splitsville

Hawkeye Huddle and After Party
December 31st
Sparkman Wharf
3 to 8 pm.

Hawkeye Huddle and Beach party. Splittsville has not been that great. Adrian Clayborn had everyone trying to buy him shots back in 2013.

I may go to the Hawkeye Huddle, won’t go to the other as I’m not flying in until the 31st.

Having spent a lot of time on the gulf coast between Clearwater and St. Pete, there are some great beach bars in St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island area. Clearwater is way too crowded and expensive. If you have the time, drive west till the map turns blue and get on Gulf Blvd. and you will find some great places.
Bongos, Harrys, Ricky T's, The Hut, Caddys on the Beach just to name a few.

Being a long-time Central Florida resident, I will say this:

If you have never been, go to every event you can. Enjoy to the fullest. Drink and eat like a maniac. Tailagate like a bastard, because 8-dollar in-stadium beers suck ass. But enjoy the hell out of the experience.

Because, two or three years hence, when we are told how "honored" an Outback Bowl invite is, you can skip all the preliminaries and just do the tailgate/game experience. Two/three years later at our NEXT Ourback Bowl, no guilt required when you stay home and tell us Floridians you are sitting it out that year. Trust me, we get it.

Latest posts