Even with a shorter bench....

hawkinarkansas

FM continues to outthink himself. Iowa on a run, goes up 8 and takes Garza and Bohannon out on the next dead ball. I know Patrick is a top 50 guy, but these substitution patterns continue to be ridiculous, I’m ready for something new

Sometimes Fran has bad subs... but we need guys to make fucking shots.

Defense wasn't great but good enough to win - guys can't make open 3's and FT's

Shit is old.

Not completely. Fran sucked too. Kreiner couldn’t handle Happ. CMac was on the bench instead of JBo who was 2-26. CMac runs the offense much better and gets the ball inside better.

Garza didn't exactly guard Happ either and he kept shooting 3's when he needed to stay on the block. JBo, Moss, Cook took bad shots add in the horrible 3 CMc took and even Joey Buckets had a few that were just awful. I thought Baer was about the only one that took shots he should have outside the lane tonight.

Garza didn't exactly guard Happ either and he kept shooting 3's when he needed to stay on the block. JBo, Moss, Cook took bad shots add in the horrible 3 CMc took and even Joey Buckets had a few that were just awful. I thought Baer was about the only one that took shots he should have outside the lane tonight.
Garza played Happ evenly. Garza goes to the arc to open up the lane for Cook. If you watch BB every player takes bad shots and if Iowa is relying on Baerbfor 3s this season is toast.

Garza played Happ evenly. Garza goes to the arc to open up the lane for Cook. If you watch BB every player takes bad shots and if Iowa is relying on Baerbfor 3s this season is toast.

I have no issues with Garza going to the arc, but don't take bad shots. Yes every player takes bad shots, but the good teams/players figure out who shouldn't be shooting. Sometimes when a guy is off, it is on the player to change it up and get others involved and be less selective on when to shoot. In these instances it is on everyone for not making the adjustment, first on the player though. If Cook could make a shot outside of 4-ft it would open things up more. Don't take my comment on Baer wrong, he played within himself when others didn't tonight. Yes, at times shooters have to keep shooting to get back in the groove, but the one pass and chuck is not the way to go.

I have no issues with Garza going to the arc, but don't take bad shots. Yes every player takes bad shots, but the good teams/players figure out who shouldn't be shooting. Sometimes when a guy is off, it is on the player to change it up and get others involved and be less selective on when to shoot. In these instances it is on everyone for not making the adjustment, first on the player though. If Cook could make a shot outside of 4-ft it would open things up more. Don't take my comment on Baer wrong, he played within himself when others didn't tonight. Yes, at times shooters have to keep shooting to get back in the groove, but the one pass and chuck is not the way to go.
I took my contacts out so it’s blurry except for the last line.

There were too many of those by too many players.

The silver lining to that could be that we have guys that are FINALLY wanting to make a play. That hasn’t been true for a long time it seems.

To me anyway.

So if that “aggression” can be tempered correctly....?

Fran will still be the end game coach

Not completely. Fran sucked too. Kreiner couldn’t handle Happ. CMac was on the bench instead of JBo who was 2-26. CMac runs the offense much better and gets the ball inside better.

Truth! C-Mac is the ONLY pg on the team worthy of running the floor. JoBo conflicted between dishing (which he does poorly) and fishing his shot / heave.

Best 5 ... CMac, JoBo, JoVice, Garza, Cook. These 5 got good chem, constant effort, and many options. ALWAYS play zone. ALWAYS have Cook on the block. ALWAYS work inside out with passes, not dribble and take opportune 3s. These 5 get no less than 28 mins together. Baer / Kreiner alternate for G and C (never the same time) for the other 12 mins. The rest of the dregs get breather minutes.

If only Franny could accept Dolphs truth...

FM continues to outthink himself. Iowa on a run, goes up 8 and takes Garza and Bohannon out on the next dead ball. I know Patrick is a top 50 guy, but these substitution patterns continue to be ridiculous, I’m ready for something new

I’d be happy with a new AD does that count?

I thought Iowa was going to lose when they had a lead and Wisconsin got around five layups in a row.

If Carton would of went to Iowa he wouldn't be starting anyway. I thought McCaffery did a pretty good job backing up Bohannon.

Iowa just missed too many open shots, the effort was there - they played their hearts out. They fouled us so many times when we were going to have easy buckets. Seems like a recurring them against this team. Credit to Wisconsin for coming up with the plays at the end

Shot selection cost them this game; not substitution patterns.

We clearly watched different games. It’s been an ongoing troubling pattern under Fran. If Garza is a starter which he is a starter don’t sit for 8 damn minutes in the 2nd half of a BIG GAME!! That’s the stupid shit we constantly see. When Wisconsin got close which was within 3 minutes of taking Garza and JBO out you immediately get them back into the mix. They are starters for a reason!!!! Garza and Cook on the court at the same were a handle full and Wisconsin was having trouble dealing With them.. There isn’t any wonder why Iowa record in close games is so shitty under Fran it’s because of crap like we saw tonight. Yet another loss on Fran IMO..

Sometimes Fran has bad subs... but we need guys to make fucking shots.

Defense wasn't great but good enough to win - guys can't make open 3's and FT's

Shit is old.
What is the deal with the players not being ready to shoot when they receive the pass. It seems like they all have to take long looks at the basket, look for their defender, do a dribble fake, then heave up a shot after the defender has recovered and is closing in. Almost every player except JBo and Wisecamp do this. They completely lose what ever advantage they had by being so indecisive.