ESPN hate

yvrucs

the BCS ranks us at #1.... the humans have us at #8......
its not just the inconsistency in rank, its the condescending way that espn anchors and journalists discuss iowa. A few weeks ago there was the belief that championship teams find a way to win. Now that we are consistently doing that, that tune has changed. The last second field goal block for Alabama hasnt been seen as week point, but the "last second, lucky touchdown" for iowa apparently makes us a poor team. They havent even considered that it wasnt just a last second touchdown. it was a solid, controlled drive from a confident football team, not a desperation hail mary like they are trying to make it sound.

i could go on all day, but the most convincing thing for me is that USC is still rated above four of the unbeaten teams (according to the AP poll) There is a school yard crush on USC that espn will deny up and down. A one loss team may have just had a bad game.... but they lost, we havent... This even goes for TCU and Cincinnati- though their schedule is pretty pathetic.

Get over yourselves espn.... dont be afraid to acknowledge the change in the wind- Iowa is for real. dont fight it...

the BCS ranks us at #1.... the humans have us at #8......
its not just the inconsistency in rank, its the condescending way that espn anchors and journalists discuss iowa. A few weeks ago there was the belief that championship teams find a way to win. Now that we are consistently doing that, that tune has changed. The last second field goal block for Alabama hasnt been seen as week point, but the "last second, lucky touchdown" for iowa apparently makes us a poor team. They havent even considered that it wasnt just a last second touchdown. it was a solid, controlled drive from a confident football team, not a desperation hail mary like they are trying to make it sound.

i could go on all day, but the most convincing thing for me is that USC is still rated above four of the unbeaten teams (according to the AP poll) There is a school yard crush on USC that espn will deny up and down. A one loss team may have just had a bad game.... but they lost, we havent... This even goes for TCU and Cincinnati- though their schedule is pretty pathetic.

Get over yourselves espn.... dont be afraid to acknowledge the change in the wind- Iowa is for real. dont fight it...

Can I get a witness!!??

It does make one wonder how much of their arguments are based on ratings/revenue. Clearly Florida, Alabama, Texas, and USC are bigger draws nationally.

Take ESPN for what it's worth...it's nothing more than a propaganda machine and has been for quite some time. They cannot and will not give props to a Big10 school because they're the "scorned lover" since the BTN got up and running and they're leading the national charge to defame the conference. They used to be about bringing sports coverage to the "next level" but now they do nothing more than make money for themselves. If you want to see where ESPN's loyalties lie, just check out their GameDay commercials and they'll show you all you need to know...there's one with Petey C., Nick Saban (despite him not being the next Alabama head coach!) and one with Urban Meyer, MNC bling included...does anyone really think they're going to "pimp" Iowa?

Edit: Almost forgot about the commercial with Mack Brown

Why does this forum have plenty of threads saying "ESPN is giving us love", plus threads like this.

How about we just ignore what ESPN says. Works for me.

Latest posts