ESPN Game Day Show: Is this true?

EstronHawkKing

I didn't see it, but heard that Desmond Howard & Herbsterit said that every team ranked in the top 10 would not just beat Iowa, but destroy them? WTF is wrong with these two clowns? I am so tired of Herbstreit and Chris Carter using their positions at ESPN as personal PR Reps for Ohio St.:mad:

my take is that ESPN, other national pundits and their on air people only want to talk about the same teams week in and week out, every year during the college football season. The teams they only want to talk about are Alabama, LSU, Florida, N. Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, Oregon, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, maybe Clemson, Michigan St or a UCLA every now and then. A team like Iowa comes along whom they don't care about, and suddenly they have to talk about us and they hate it. I hope when we go to Indy in 2 weeks our coaches and players don't give the national media any interviews, tell them to stick it . Only talk to the Iowa media and Big 10 Netrwork guys.

If want you respect, watch the Big Ten shows.
If you want to listen to those guys say what they say, fine.

I don't understand the need to be validated by these guys.

Looking at our D get shredded by MIN and Purdue passing attacks, do we really have a leg to stand on to say they're wrong?

Looking at our D get shredded by MIN and Purdue passing attacks, do we really have a leg to stand on to say they're wrong?

Yes, since most of the rest of the top ten has issues too. Go through the resumes of the top 10 and tell me what proof there is that they're way better.

Yes, since most of the rest of the top ten has issues too. Go through the resumes of the top 10 and tell me what proof there is that they're way better.

"Eyeball test" proof. Gotta go with that cause actual stats doesn't support them.

I didn't see it, but heard that Desmond Howard & Herbsterit said that every team ranked in the top 10 would not just beat Iowa, but destroy them? WTF is wrong with these two clowns? I am so tired of Herbstreit and Chris Carter using their positions at ESPN as personal PR Reps for Ohio St.:mad:

Based on what I've seen , I would agree.

It helps your perspective to watch other teams play

Until we play a complete game like we're capable of, how can we argue their point? There have been large segments of the past few games where we have looked worse than terrible against teams that are not very good.

The national sports media is all either biased or stupid. I've been ignoring them for years. That is what hurts them by hurting their ratings.

my take is that ESPN, other national pundits and their on air people only want to talk about the same teams week in and week out, every year during the college football season. The teams they only want to talk about are Alabama, LSU, Florida, N. Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, Oregon, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, maybe Clemson, Michigan St or a UCLA every now and then. A team like Iowa comes along whom they don't care about, and suddenly they have to talk about us and they hate it. I hope when we go to Indy in 2 weeks our coaches and players don't give the national media any interviews, tell them to stick it . Only talk to the Iowa media and Big 10 Netrwork guys.

<<Only talk to the Iowa media and Big 10 Netrwork guys>>

Should be easy since game is on Fox...

Until we play a complete game like we're capable of, how can we argue their point? There have been large segments of the past few games where we have looked worse than terrible against teams that are not very good.

We can argue by looking at the other teams and what they've done. It's the same way we argue the strength of schedule. Point at who every other team schedules and ask how we are any different.

Offensive tackles Boone Meyers and Cole Croston joined the program as walk ons, defensive lineman Parker Hesse and Nate Meier, linebackers Josey Jewell and Ben Niemann, running backs Jordan Canzeri and Akrum Wadley and rciever Matt VandeBerg arrived as 2 star prospects who had no other Power 5 offers. This is why the talking heads are about to puke all over themselves. We aren't supposed to beat out all the 5 stars. I would think we should be building a fan base from the little dogs out there. I'm proud of being a Hawkeye fan and no big mouth talking head is going to change that!!!!! GO HAWKS!!!

If want you respect, watch the Big Ten shows.
If you want to listen to those guys say what they say, fine.

I don't understand the need to be validated by these guys.
Maybe it's nothing to do with validation.

Maybe it has something to do with if stupid stuff gets left uncountered it becomes "truth". And "truth"/propaganda unchallenged is bad news--like if possibly leaving out the B1G conference champion. Not likely, but possible.

Why would a 1-loss ND be ranked higher than a but 0-loss Iowa? "truth"/propaganda.

I think we could maybe hang with Florida atlantic...so we can hang with florida...we beat wisconsin...so we can play with alabama...we can beat Syracuse...so we can hang with clemson...we beat Indiana by a similar score as osu..so we can hang with osu...we beat iowa state by 2 tds...who beat texas...so we can hang with oklahoma and okie st...we beat indiana..so we can beat michigan (ot)...we beat pitt...do we can hang with n. Dame....stanford...ahem northwestern. ....i think if you make a statement like we couldn't hang with any of the top 10...you have to take into account the teams that DID and make comparisons to iowa.

Latest posts