ESPN Bowl Projections

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 5 - ESPN

I hadn't seen them for this week until now. First, I don't know who Andrea Adrelson is. Second, if she thinks that Boise is going to play for the title (that's fine, won't argue that one because its decent enough opinion) AND the Sugar would take TCU when it doesn't have to, I think I saw all that I needed to see.

That's just not going to happen. Just like the Rose would not take Oklahoma to fill the vacated Big Ten spot and not use a 9 or 10 win Big Ten team to fill the vacated Buckeye slot. We saw that in 2007 with a 9-3 Illinois team that was #14 in the BCS standings.

The BCS rakings are still not out and these "expert" progosticators think they have it all figured.

I'm no expert in college football but I think I (and most knowledgable college football fans) can project who play who in the major bowl games and come reasonably close or exceed the "expert" ESPN projections.

Only difference is the media people get paid for their projections and us college football fans don't. :rolleyes:

Would TCU and Boise be open to joining bigger conferences, if so when, where and how? Boise in the Pac 10 and TCU in the Big !2 make sense to me

John love your thought process, but what jumped out even more to me was Andrea putting Florida in a BCS game without Bama playing in the Championship. Don't see that happening, especially as bad as Florida looks this year.

Would TCU and Boise be open to joining bigger conferences, if so when, where and how? Boise in the Pac 10 and TCU in the Big !2 make sense to me

Boise said they were moving to the Mountain West about two months ago. Perhaps you may have heard about Nebraska joining the Big 10?

Good one Shada, you're pretty sharp....does the new conference offer much better competition? Utah I guess

Good one Shada, you're pretty sharp....does the new conference offer much better competition? Utah I guess

Paying attention to what's going on around me makes me pretty sharp? It kind of got lost in the shuffle, but Boise moving to the Mountain West is pretty common knowledge.

That last statement also implies that you're unaware of Utah's move to the Pac 10 next year, so the answer to your question is no.

If you remember last year OB was not a lock for us. There will be competition for all the slots of course, but if we are in a BCS mix, I would bet that it will not be the OB selecting us back to back.

None of the bigger conferences want Boise State because they do not bring anything to the table except a good football team. TCU is in a slightly better position but not great.

I think Boise State wanted to move to as big of a conference as possible but had to settle for a step up to the Mountain West.

Miami doesn't have many fans anyways. If we were to play them in the Orange Bowl, the fans would be 50/50 for each school.

In Andrea's scenario, the Rose would get the first replacement pick. She would have them take Oklahoma. Won't happen. Also, after that, the Sugar gets the first at large pick this year (after the replacement picks for the title game). The SEC champ goes to the Sugar...so they Sugar wouldn't be taking Alabama with their first pick...she has them taking TCU. She simply hasn't thought it through..then again, since they are picking every game, I doubt they understand all of the nuances. I pretty much know the BCS nuances and the Big Ten bowl tie in games front and back. As Deace would say her premise is flawed :)

Latest posts