ESPN Begs Viewers to Demand LHN

eyekwah

Anyone beside me see the shameless shilling for viewers to call their satellite and cable provider for the Longhorn Network? Even if ESPN gave it away I'm not sure anyone outside of Texas would watch it.

Why would the rest of the country, unless one is a Texas graduate, pay to watch Texas play? Did Texas and ESPN actually think that the longhorn network would be a hot commodity for anyone other than fans of Texas? This would be similar to Michigan starting their own network and being surprised that only Michigan fans wanted the network.

Why would the rest of the country, unless one is a Texas graduate, pay to watch Texas play? Did Texas and ESPN actually think that the longhorn network would be a hot commodity for anyone other than fans of Texas? This would be similar to Michigan starting their own network and being surprised that only Michigan fans wanted the network.
Exactly. The LHN is so stupid! This is why networks exclusive to teams wont work. You have to do it for the league. I bet ESPN is rethinking this one.

FWIW, BYU has their own network, although started for the university itself, not athletics specifically, and it is carried by both satellite companies as well as a number of cable companies.

And, let's face it, Texas has more fans than all of the Mormon schools put together.

FWIW, BYU has their own network, although started for the university itself, not athletics specifically, and it is carried by both satellite companies as well as a number of cable companies.

And, let's face it, Texas has more fans than all of the Mormon schools put together.

BYU isn't demanding the kind of money from the cable companies that ESPN/Texas is.

Well with all due respect, your kind of missing why BYU trumps Texas in this instance...its Mormonism. Very cultish and world wide. Texas aint that......

Lot more going on there outside of football. Its also why every time I hear someone pigeon hole BYU back into a conference I chuckle. The only reason they'd do it is because of the ancillary sports. Keeping in mind I'm not Pro-Mormon (decidedly so at that) but all the same, they have major clout and will most likely make it as an independent.

Honestly not all to different than people who are outspoken ND fans just because they are Catholic or Irish, yet they don't even watch football or basketball either one.

Chad

BYU isn't demanding the kind of money from the cable companies that ESPN/Texas is.

True.

Well with all due respect, your kind of missing why BYU trumps Texas in this instance...its Mormonism. Very cultish and world wide. Texas aint that......

Mormonism isn't *that* widespread, even in the US.

And the 'cultish' aspect is a non-starter. Look at the SEC, ffs. Down there, those schools ARE their religion.

True.

Mormonism isn't *that* widespread, even in the US.

And the 'cultish' aspect is a non-starter. Look at the SEC, ffs. Down there, those schools ARE their religion.

Well for what its worth a falsity shouldn't spread too wide, however lets not kid ouselves.....it is WAY farther slung than Texas football! As hard as that may be for most Texans and American football fans to believe.

Chad

Is this any different than the BTN? Didn't they also post ads to call your cable company? I seem to remember quite a few. This is SOP for any dispute over networks and distributors.

Is this any different than the BTN? Didn't they also post ads to call your cable company? I seem to remember quite a few. This is SOP for any dispute over networks and distributors.

yes. correct. also remember the clowns and the clown leadership laughing, pointing fingers and stating that it wouldn't work.

And you wonder why teams are bailing the big12?

Well for what its worth a falsity shouldn't spread too wide, however lets not kid ouselves.....it is WAY farther slung than Texas football! As hard as that may be for most Texans and American football fans to believe.

Chad

Dude, honestly, shut the hell up. I don't care if you are prejudice against Mormons, but don't share it here.

Dude, honestly, shut the hell up. I don't care if you are prejudice against Mormons, but don't share it here.

Would it be okay for me to share that SEC fans are blind and incapable of seeing outside of the south.....?!

Not all that different eh....?!?!

FWIW I nearly didn't say it just because of this, but he laid it out there and I took the bait. Now with that said prejudice is grossly misused in today’s society.

Too much there to break down in a sports forum, but every time someone calls something out doesn't make it prejudiced, unless of course you are carrying your own prejudices and trying to turn the worm so-to-speak...neat how that works eh......

Kind of like people who stand outside a Church calling its people haters, all the while sneering and carrying hateful signs. Just more evidence of the lack of insight, introspection and lack of cognitive thinking skills most Americans have these days.

Finally religions are mutually exclusive and none of them are trying to pretend that they are all basically right…?!?!

Prejudiced indeed……All the same I do apologize for saying it in here. The Mormon entity is however germane to this topic and BYU’s independence and if you googled it I’m sure you’d find it referenced in the announcement of them going Indy…

Chad

Is this any different than the BTN?

Yes. ESPN didn't pimp the BTN.

Now, if you can find out whether Fox did during the bowl games they aired, or during NFL games, or if Fox Sports was doing this on the FSN channels, then you'll have a similar situation.

Latest posts