End of Iowa vs Iowa State??

ISUhawk

tweet:

"Iowa State press release says that a "special Cy-Hawk Series" announcement will be made tomorrow."

Pretty weird. The game doesn't really make sense for state other than the $ they get. 1 out of 4 years they can get a win? With their new conference schedule, the extra loss will really hurt them.

on second thought, probably a new sponsor. but I like the idea of a having a mediocre season ending against the Clowns in a bowl game, the intensity would be that much greater with no annual meetings. think of how much we got excited about the potential Nebraska vs Iowa insight matchup

"Cy-Hawk Series" = all the sports, with the stupid Hy-Vee trophy, not specifically the football game. They're not going to be cancelling the football series tomorrow. Brobably going to announce that Velveeta will be the new co-sponsor with Hy-Vee or something. Whatever it is tomorrow is going to be lame.

End the yearly series, put ISU in a rotation with the Pitts, Arizonas, and Syracuses of the world. The big issue for me when the BT goes to a 9 game schedule is that we have 3 nonconference games every year where we get to see some new faces, not a "9+1" schedule that leaves us only scheduling 2 games a year with cupcakes or "exposure" games. With only 3 nonconference games a year, scheduling 2 BCS nonconf. teams in this day and age would be a disaster.

I love the game itself, but it doesn't really make sense for either team with the conference schedules being so tough. Maybe an every other year type of thing would be better.

on second thought, probably a new sponsor. but I like the idea of a having a mediocre season ending against the Clowns in a bowl game, the intensity would be that much greater with no annual meetings. think of how much we got excited about the potential Nebraska vs Iowa insight matchup

I think that matchup generated so much excitement because of the conference realignment. Would we have loved to play Nebraska even if they weren't joining the Big Ten? Sure. But the fact that we're looking to kick off a rivalry next year made the matchup even more appealing. But a lot of Iowa fans don't view ISU in that light.

I think that matchup generated so much excitement because of the conference realignment. Would we have loved to play Nebraska even if they weren't joining the Big Ten? Sure. But the fact that we're looking to kick off a rivalry next year made the matchup even more appealing. But a lot of Iowa fans don't view ISU in that light.

touché, but it would be an intriguing matchup with haven't seeing each other so regularly. some of that insight build up was about nebby coming to the big ten, this would be that same excitement only in reverse- like, "we may never face them again"

It would be ok if the clowns were a true rivalry but they aren't. In our schedule they rank near the bottom to the end of schedule. Our true rivals have always been Big 10 teams and now with Nebraska in the Big 10 there simply is no reason to play the clowns every year.

Now if they were on par with the Hawks as far as quality year after year and not the bottom of the barrel of the Big 12 year after year. By that I mean if the clowns actually competed in the big 12 for the title every few years then it would be worth playing them.

At this stage of the series it makes no sense to play the clowns yearly other than to help the clowns athletic department with money.

Its time that the U of Iowa stop providing a big chunk of money to keep Iowa State's football and other athletic programs alive. The state should also stop funding Iowa State's athletic programs. Let them fund their athletic programs themselves.

Its time that the U of Iowa stop providing a big chunk of money to keep Iowa State's football and other athletic programs alive. The state should also stop funding Iowa State's athletic programs. Let them fund their athletic programs themselves.

Uhhh, It's a home-and-home series. Funds here or there that get distributed are virtually nothing compared to a Big Ten or Big 12 budget... Iowa is not funding Iowa State athletic programs.

Latest posts