End of 1st half offense - Unintended consequences

rchawkeye

There is a huge disadvantage to not running a 2-minute offense at the end of the 1st half of games. Our offense never runs a 2-minute drill in a game situation, unless the game is on the line. Then, when the game is on the line, the offense has no clue how to move the ball. They are confused. I know they practice this, but that's just not enough.

In every single loss in the last 2 years, Iowa has had the ball with a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. In all 6 defeats, our 2-minute offense has been terrible.

If for no other reason than practice, we need to be more aggressive at the end of the 1st half.

There is a huge disadvantage to not running a 2-minute offense at the end of the 1st half of games. Our offense never runs a 2-minute drill in a game situation, unless the game is on the line. Then, when the game is on the line, the offense has no clue how to move the ball. They are confused. I know they practice this, but that's just not enough.

In every single loss in the last 2 years, Iowa has had the ball with a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. In all 6 defeats, our 2-minute offense has been terrible.

If for no other reason than practice, we need to be more aggressive at the end of the 1st half.

Not sure I agree with you here. I think the better description would be non-existent.

Latest posts