Duggan

#1DieHardHawk

Other sites are predicting Minny pretty heavily the last week or so. It looks like we have completely fallen off the radar at this point.

Fortunately, we have a couple of talented underclassmen, and I would expect Petras to redshirt as long as Stanley stays healthy, so he would have four years of eligibility beginning next season. Assuming we can avoid further attrition (I have to admit, I'm at least a little concerned that we could lose Mansell and/or Petras. Stanley is young, and they're both a long ways from home...), not signing a high profile QB in '19 won't hurt as much as most years, but, it still sucks given that Duggan is the real deal.

That would be a major coup for Fleck if he can pull it off. Duggan's offer list is off the charts, and he's right in Frost's backyard. TCU and ND remain wildcards, though, and you know that Meyer and Franklin will make late pushes.

I’ve never liked Iowa’s chances with Duggan, but with all of his offers why in the world would he choose Minny??

I'm sure Fleck is painting a great picture of an offense built around him...and he probably means it. He needs a "wow" to get the program moving.

I'm sure Fleck is painting a great picture of an offense built around him...and he probably means it. He needs a "wow" to get the program moving.
I bet your right. From the outside looking in why would a stud QB want to go there? But Fleck is a really good used car salesman if he's nothing else. I find him an interesting guy. He seems like the real deal and not as fake as you'd might think from the outside looking in. If they land him it'd not be the biggest surprise because it's the closest place to home he'd have the best shot at playing early. Nebraska got their stud QB recruit for going forward with. Why would Duggan want to be behind him for 3 yrs? And same for Iowa there's no early path to PT for him with us either. As nice as it'd be to get him I can't see him turning down the earlier shot at PT some other places can offer.

I bet your right. From the outside looking in why would a stud QB want to go there? But Fleck is a really good used car salesman if he's nothing else. I find him an interesting guy. He seems like the real deal and not as fake as you'd might think from the outside looking in. If they land him it'd not be the biggest surprise because it's the closest place to home he'd have the best shot at playing early. Nebraska got their stud QB recruit for going forward with. Why would Duggan want to be behind him for 3 yrs? And same for Iowa there's no early path to PT for him with us either. As nice as it'd be to get him I can't see him turning down the earlier shot at PT some other places can offer.

4 years as a starter at a Big Ten school with an offense built around you would appeal to a lot of kids.

I’ve never liked Iowa’s chances with Duggan, but with all of his offers why in the world would he choose Minny??

I think, in part, because kNU has a 4* dual threat FR coming in this season and Iowa signed Petras. It could be a place holder, to be sure. But it's pretty close to home, also. If ND is actually serious, then he might jump late. But, captain goofey's offense could benefit him and it's still B1G. We shall see. I'm simply speculating and have no inside info.

Glad it is not Nebraska, just for the fact it is Nebraska. No inside info, just don't see Frost making a late push because he has his guy in Martinez unless he is no longer the shiny object. How do you redact all the published statements of a kid (Martinez) who is just one year ahead of Duggan and with a straight face say "Max you are the guy we have always wanted". Guess that could happen in a span of 120 days.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with the other 300+ players been offered.

Let's see how Admiral Fleck does this year. I'm more impressed with Brohm at Purdue. He's got that team going places. And while he may not have the Admiral's pizazz he has the advantage of being in a more fertile recruiting area. Which still counts more in football than basketball.

The way this winter, I mean April, is going, Fleck isn't going to have his boat in the water anytime soon anyway. They may not see grass up there until the first of May.

Let's see how Admiral Fleck does this year. I'm more impressed with Brohm at Purdue. He's got that team going places. And while he may not have the Admiral's pizazz he has the advantage of being in a more fertile recruiting area. Which still counts more in football than basketball.

The way this winter, I mean April, is going, Fleck isn't going to have his boat in the water anytime soon anyway. They may not see grass up there until the first of May.
Well Brohm won't be at Purdue long. He took the TN job in the middle of their fiasco before they pulled the offer. So he's got one foot out the door along with his assistants so in that way I will be surprised about how they do as well.

Fleck sorta has the problem Illinois has and that's the entire roster needs rebooting/upgrading and that just takes time. 1 or 2 recruiting classes won't do it fast. Remember back when KF first took over? Getting a stud QB and skill guy or two can help in the short term some.

Brohm is just biding his time until an NFL offer comes along. Even if he had gone to TN, I still think his ultimate goal is the NFL.

What was the story here?
Why not Iowa?

Duggan today against Oklahoma:
23/33 for 302 and 3 passing TDs
5 rushes for 116 and 2 TDs

Total Offense 418 yds / 5 TDs