Droid ?

hawkdrummer1

Time to upgrade. So much mixed info on the Droid... The new "X" has issues, some say the "Incredible" is the way to go. Or is the new "Droid 2" the way to go.

My priorities: Phone quality, web browsing speed & ease, camera & vid quality

Any experts out there?

I LOVE my Droid. I'v had it for about 2 months. Get the NFL network App. You can watch the NFL network on your phone anytime and during the season watch games and listen to any NFL game.

Highly recommend. If you get the Droid X you get HD video - you don't even need a video camera anymore.

Hawkdrummer1,

Get the Incredible. I have had zero issues with it so far. The camera takes amazing photos see attached, but the video quality could be better. In my opinion I think the video/photo quality blows the iphone out of the water. The web browsing depends on 3g coverage, but when you have 3g it's just as fast as a computer on cable internet. If you don't get that good 3g coverage it isn't super fast, but it's still usable. The apps are great.

Note: I took this photo with my Incredible
profile.php

I LOVE my Droid. I'v had it for about 2 months. Get the NFL network App. You can watch the NFL network on your phone anytime and during the season watch games and listen to any NFL game.

Highly recommend. If you get the Droid X you get HD video - you don't even need a video camera anymore.

I was waiting for the "X", but the reviews I'm seeing all say the camera quality is disappointing.

I got the Incredible about 4 weeks ago and love it. Never had a problem with signal strength or anything else. Awesome phone.

I'm on my X right now, I love it. The camera isn't the greatest, but no other issues at all. I was going to get the incredible, but it was month wait, and the X came out a week later. Love the swype and talk texting features.

Check out the Samsung Galaxy S. It's not out yet for Verizon but is supposed to be coming soon and will be known as the fascinate.

I have had the Droid X and my wife has had the incredible for about a week. Both are great phones. The incredible is very compact and can do much of what the X can do. The X is bigger, but the features and apps are awesome. The incredible does take good pictures. I don't have any issues with the X, but I just usually use the phone to upload pics to facebook or MMS to family members. If I want print quality, I will use a camera. Nevertheless, I have not tried to print any yet. It is 8mp's. My wife is actually getting a new increidible today. She loves it, but the phone keeps turning off when she tries to answer it or make a call. We are convinced it is just a bad phone and not indicative of the line.

So, if you want a compact phone, go with the incredible, if you want a bigger phone, with bigger LCD and more features, go with the X.

I loathe the Android OS. The iPhone still has the best mobile OS, and Palm's webOS is easily the 2nd best. It's too bad Palm can't make good enough hardware and spread it across several carriers while the iPhone is still tied to AT&T.

I have heard great things about Sprints HTC EVO. Gotta love wifi tethering and unlimited data which AT&T and Verizon don't allow.

The Incredible is the only new droid you can get at this poing and the X won't be in stock until september. I'm waiting on the EVO but it's suppose to be sold out until the end of August.

I have the Droid HTC Hero, about to go to the EVO, this phone is badazz as it is already. But the EVO, aka the Incredible on verizon are virtually the same Evo is just sprints version and has 4G. But i'm def upgrading to the EVO, cant wait!!! I'll never go back to a pukey lil phone again.

I love my Droid running 2.2. If the first one is any indication, the Droid2 should be a great phone. DroidX looks good too, issues aside, which may be corrected when the update to 2.2. I just dont really want to carry it around, its a pretty big device.

I was going to get the X I have a few friends who really like theirs, But I got on the verizon website and I have 10months until I can get a discount :( I'm not going to pay almost $600 for a phone so I'm stuck with the bb for awhile

INCREDIBLE is the way to go. Mine runs flawlessly. The only issue is that the battery life isnt great, but that is to be expectexd with a smart phone of this calliber

I don't have one of these new fangled type phones. I've had so many phones with crappy software over the years... I just don't trust anything offered by a cell phone company. Although the droid stuff intrigues me a little with the open source aspect, I'm still waiting patiently for this technology to get to a point where I'll jump in.

I mean really I don't have a need to access the internet at all times during the day. It's bad enough I'm on it as much as I am.

I loathe the Android OS. The iPhone still has the best mobile OS, and Palm's webOS is easily the 2nd best. It's too bad Palm can't make good enough hardware and spread it across several carriers while the iPhone is still tied to AT&T.

While I appreciate iOS it is completely lacking in the area of customization. It is great for what it is and very functional and certainly in the top 2/3 mobile OS's. My problem is that it is very static. I am someone who is very picky and the fact that I can customize my Android phone to exactly what I want in a phone is crucial. The difference between iOS and Android is that iOS is a full blown user interface as well as operating system. Android, at it's core, is simply an operating system that allows different phone manufacturers to create a user interface specific to the audience they are targeting. If you could manipulate the iOS UI, that would be sweet, but as it is, you can't. That's fine for most people who just want to be given a phone that is intuitive and easy to use. Android allows that option, but it also allows the user custimization which is what puts it over the top for me.

Also: Agreed on webOS, looking forward to HP reviving it and incorporating in to future products (tablets, phones etc...)

Time to upgrade. So much mixed info on the Droid... The new "X" has issues, some say the "Incredible" is the way to go. Or is the new "Droid 2" the way to go.

My priorities: Phone quality, web browsing speed & ease, camera & vid quality

Any experts out there?

The Iphone, is the fastest web browser, barely faster than the droid or the evo, but in terms of the camera and the camcorder the Iphone 4 is superior and it's not even close. The video from an Iphone compared to either the droid or EVO is like comparing standard definition to high definition.

If I had not had an iphone before my droid incredible, I would probably love the incredible. But I did, so I don't. But the ATT wireless sucks so bad after we moved to our new home, I couldnt even get reception in our basement...so I had to get rid of ATT for Verizon, a far better network.

The minute I can get the iphone on Verizon, the droid is gone. Again, I realize this is personal preference and if you have never had a super smart phone before, the droid incredible is great...I am just so used to the iphone, and probably a bit of apple snobbery mixed in as I am pretty much totally an apple guy otherwise (two macbooks, an imac and an ipad, and wife has iphone...but she doesn't go to the basement ;)

Latest posts