Draft day

Hawkfnntn

So where's our boys going to go?

I'd like em to go to good teams so we can hopefully watch em play on tv once in awhile. Maybe even impact a playoff team.

JW would probably fit in better at a small market like Utah more so then a Chicago/NY or LA.

Garza would probably like to play on the east coast closer to home. Washington DC might be his first pick. But anywhere up and down I 95 and I bet he'd be ok with that I'd seen he worked out for the 76ers the other day.

I'm fired up for them both this should be a great day for em both and the Iowa program they've more then earned it.

So where's our boys going to go?

I'd like em to go to good teams so we can hopefully watch em play on tv once in awhile. Maybe even impact a playoff team.

JW would probably fit in better at a small market like Utah more so then a Chicago/NY or LA.

Garza would probably like to play on the east coast closer to home. Washington DC might be his first pick. But anywhere up and down I 95 and I bet he'd be ok with that I'd seen he worked out for the 76ers the other day.

I'm fired up for them both this should be a great day for em both and the Iowa program they've more then earned it.
NBC and Sports Illustrated have Wieskamp going late 1st/early 2nd and Garza going undrafted, ESPN has Wieskamp 49 and Garza 54 in their mocks.

I've seen quite a few others with Weezy early 2nd and no Garza.

Goes to show what a strong vs. poor combine showing can do.

NBC and Sports Illustrated have Wieskamp going late 1st/early 2nd and Garza going undrafted, ESPN has Wieskamp 49 and Garza 54 in their mocks.

I've seen quite a few others with Weezy early 2nd and no Garza.

Goes to show what a strong vs. poor combine showing can do.
Yeah Garza not playing in those games during the combine didn't help him. So I suppose there's a chance he doesn't get taken which blows my mind. Best player in college hoops for 2 yrs. Dude has an off the charts work ethic that's well documented. Has workouts where he hardly hits the rim while shooting dozens of 3s and yet even with a guy like Jokic winning the MVP who's no more athletic then he is he may not get taken...

It only takes one though so here's to hoping.

Both guys have some upside. I don't see either as a first rounder. JW will get drafted for sure and I think someone will take a flier on a productive guy like Garza late in the second. Would be another great shot in the arm for the program to have two guys drafted this year.

Yeah Garza not playing in those games during the combine didn't help him. So I suppose there's a chance he doesn't get taken which blows my mind. Best player in college hoops for 2 yrs. Dude has an off the charts work ethic that's well documented. Has workouts where he hardly hits the rim while shooting dozens of 3s and yet even with a guy like Jokic winning the MVP who's no more athletic then he is he may not get taken...

It only takes one though so here's to hoping.
Exactly why the NBA sucks big time!

I think I watched a total of 4 NBA games this year, and even those were mostly just the playoffs. I used to love the NBA during the Bird/Jordan/Magic years, and even Kobe and Lebron were compelling for a while. Its not to me anymore. The NBA started to slide when it stopped forcing its players through the college system and started bringing over all the foreign players who also never played MBB. I know that sounds bad, as kids should have a right to make a living right away, but I have the right to turn off the TV when I have not heard of any player on the court.

I think I watched a total of 4 NBA games this year, and even those were mostly just the playoffs. I used to love the NBA during the Bird/Jordan/Magic years, and even Kobe and Lebron were compelling for a while. Its not to me anymore. The NBA started to slide when it stopped forcing its players through the college system and started bringing over all the foreign players who also never played MBB. I know that sounds bad, as kids should have a right to make a living right away, but I have the right to turn off the TV when I have not heard of any player on the court.
There,s far n away enough talent in the world for 2 NBA,s.

Both guys go in the 2nd round. You see all these Cyclone guys make NBA rosters and it makes you go wtf. George Niang didn’t play a bit of defense as a Clone yet he finds a way on to a NBA roster. Garza can do everything Niang can do.

Anyone think that Weiskamp can’t duplicate what Matt Thomas has done to stick around in the league?