Dont look now but

Boy it sure got quiet in this thread guess it must be because Northwestern fought so hard to only end up losing by 21. :confused::cool:

Fact is OSU did what Iowa should have done on that Saturday in Kinnick and that’s Air it out. Northwestern passing Defense is HORRID!!!!
Wait you mean 1 yard swing passes to average running backs isn’t the way to beat Northwestern? Who knew?!? (everyone but our coaching staff apparently)

Boy it sure got quiet in this thread guess it must be because Northwestern fought so hard to only end up losing by 21. :confused::cool:

Fact is OSU did what Iowa should have done on that Saturday in Kinnick and that’s Air it out. Northwestern passing Defense is HORRID!!!!

I was at the Northwestern game. In the Iowa game, NW had their safeties 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage for much of the first half and also a considerable amount in the second. Yesterday...they still played them tight at times, but most of the time they were 10-12 yards off the line of scrimmage to respect speed. What OSU did that Iowa didn't is run multiple guys on deep patterns and occupy people in the back end of their secondary. The score we got from ISM was exactly one of these patterns. At this juncture, if BF hasn't learned you sometimes have to throw people out of a defense...well, we are in trouble in every one of these type of games. Sometimes you have to take the lower percentage throws to get big plays.

I think you will find me saying the same thing over the years and again this year. It is one of the big differences between Hayden Fry and his offensive coaches and KF conservatism.

I noted that in this year's NW game the hawks went deep 4 times , only 4, and 3 of those 4 were positive with a PI and two long completions and a TD to ISM.

And if you actually watch NW game film they are fast horizontally in defensive pursuit. They blew up a lot of OUS wide sweeps last nite so the fact that we even were running wide and throwing these horizontal short passes went right into their hands

Off tackle menu keeps you close in the game. Might be able to win it at the end, or not.

Latest posts