Does Scott Skiles hate Iowa players?

Hey Atomic, Marble played yesterday and went 0/4. Maybe that is why Skiles doesn't play him? Why would he want to play a guy who can't make one damn shot?

I think most understood Marble in the NBA was going to be a bench/role player at very best. Turns out he hasn't' been able to contribute but he's hung onto a roster spot. So not terribly surprising.

Basically, he isn't a very good coach. But, he's the best the Magic could get under the circumstances.

As an NBA head coach he is definitely a retread. Yeah, the Magic did seem to get a little too nostalgic over one 30 assist night.

I actually don't think Skiles is that bad of a hire for the Magic. He's a huge upgrade over Jacque Vaughn. Skiles is an intense dude, and wears out his welcome quickly, his approach seems much more like that of successful college coaches rather than NBA ones, but he's a very good defensive coach and he gets his teams to play hard...at least until they get burnt out on him. For a young team, like Orlando, with a lot of potentially great defensive players (Oladipo, Gordon, Payton) it's a good hire to instill solid defensive principles. This team is still a couple years away from really competing in the East but now is a good time to really hammer on the defensive side of the ball and you can bring in a more offensive minded coach in a few years to fine tune that side of the ball.

I actually don't think Skiles is that bad of a hire for the Magic. He's a huge upgrade over Jacque Vaughn. Skiles is an intense dude, and wears out his welcome quickly, his approach seems much more like that of successful college coaches rather than NBA ones, but he's a very good defensive coach and he gets his teams to play hard...at least until they get burnt out on him. For a young team, like Orlando, with a lot of potentially great defensive players (Oladipo, Gordon, Payton) it's a good hire to instill solid defensive principles. This team is still a couple years away from really competing in the East but now is a good time to really hammer on the defensive side of the ball and you can bring in a more offensive minded coach in a few years to fine tune that side of the ball.

Fair point......I always thought he would be a terrific college coach.....I am surprised some AD thinking outside the box haven't given him a chance. That being said, as far as the NBA is concerned, he is a retread.

Fair point......I always thought he would be a terrific college coach.....I am surprised some AD thinking outside the box haven't given him a chance. That being said, as far as the NBA is concerned, he is a retread.

I think he would be a good college coach too, maybe he isn't interested in dealing with the recruiting aspect of it. Which I wouldn't blame anyone for. In the NBA, a coaching job is about 95% basketball related, in college it's maybe 50% with just as much time spent glad handing boosters and alumni clubs and telling 16 year olds how totally awesome they are.

If he hated Iowa players how did Roy make the roster??? Did he somehow slip past Scott's hate for Iowa screening? lol

Strange for him not to play basketball even in NBA. I was pulling for him to make it in NBA. I thought he was doing great in NBA Summer League.

I was able to watch Marble play tonight for Erie Bayhawks . He did have a good game today scoring 17 points in 25 minutes of action. He is still wearing safety glasses.

AR-312039684.jpg