Does anyone know how much Paul Rhodes makes a year?

BnG4Me

At Iowa making it to the Insight Bowl (in all likelihood) earns you 3+ million a year as head coach.

Since ISU won the Insight Bowl last year I figure Rhodes makes what,
2.5 million? You know, due to the clones lesser resources.

I can't believe that we're probably going to be playing for the same crap trophy that ISU treats like a crystal football.

Venting over. Thank you.

Actually the Insight Bowl has been moved from NFL Network to ESPN. Cant remember if it moved up in the pecking order either for Big Ten bowl selections.

I think the karma is in full effect. good job to all those that ridiculed ISU going to the insight bowl. Even better job to those that put emphasis on how pathetic it was to beat Minnesota in said bowl game.

I really like that the linked article says how much the Insight selection committee would love to have Northwestern. Just fantastic.

whatever makes you feel better about it. The insight bowl is not the insight bowl anymore. i understand completely. Changing the TV station doesn't change the fact that its a middle to low bowl game. I think the Humanitarian Bowl and the Motor City bowl are on ESPN too.

The Insight Bowl was the lowest watched game on tv last year, you dont think moving to ESPN will help with viewers? Anyone deciding to stay home will get to at least watch the game on tv.

I think the karma is in full effect. good job to all those that ridiculed ISU going to the insight bowl. Even better job to those that put emphasis on how pathetic it was to beat Minnesota in said bowl game.

TOUCHE!!!!!!!!

I will raise my hand and take ownership of this 100%. My god, i was awful, "f'ng ISU Vs MN in the special kids bowl" i remember watching that game last yr with my ISU friends and giving them grief---- Wow, what a year and a big cup of irony will do huh?

even in a "down" year i proclaimed iowa should be no worst than the alamo (which is now gator in terms of 'peckng' order) Yup, i was a ****** bag, i was also a ****** bag for (and i previously posted this on here too) that I played Quija Board Halloween, went to the party, it was saturday, we had just beatn the snot out of Michigan St (or as it turns out did we?) and it was my first time, and i was pretty high off the hawk juice so i figured like an idiot let's play and see what BCS bowl iowa goes too---ugggh, only to turn out that Quija said it was the Gator Bowl, i told Quija to F off and this is precisely why i don't believe it in and don't' play it..... nice, like our 3rd down conversions, i am 0-2 LOL

Ok, there i'm done confessing, please forgive!!

I really like that the linked article says how much the Insight selection committee would love to have Northwestern. Just fantastic.

Yah not what I wanted to see out of this season. Hopefully we get the Outback, but I wouldnt be mad if we slipped down to the Insight with the way we ended the season.

The Insight Bowl was the lowest watched game on tv last year, you dont think moving to ESPN will help with viewers? Anyone deciding to stay home will get to at least watch the game on tv.

This is absolutely correct. ESPN is in a greater # of households. However I don't see how that changes the prestige of the bowl.

and yes, why even bother putting lipstick on this pig, or cow since we gave the piggy to MN, the insight is still the insight and it is still a lower tier bowl--- doesn't matter if it's on espn or NFL or even Fox sports for that matter, it'll still a lower tier "toliet bowl" game.....

"This is absolutely correct. ESPN is in a greater # of households. However I don't see how that changes the prestige of the bowl."

Because it doesn't!

whatever makes you feel better about it. The insight bowl is not the insight bowl anymore. i understand completely. Changing the TV station doesn't change the fact that its a middle to low bowl game. I think the Humanitarian Bowl and the Motor City bowl are on ESPN too.

Actually starting this year the Insight Bowl isn't a middle to low tier bowl anymore, they stepped up their payout, here are the Big Ten Bowl payouts:

Rose: $17 million
Cap One: $4.25 million
Insight: $3.325 million
Outback: $3.1 million
Gator: $2.75 million
Ticket City: $1.2 million
Little Caesars: $750k
Texas: $612k

Not counting BCS bowls the only other bowls that pays more then the Insight are the Cap One and Cotton.

TOUCHE!!!!!!!!

I will raise my hand and take ownership of this 100%. My god, i was awful, "f'ng ISU Vs MN in the special kids bowl" i remember watching that game last yr with my ISU friends and giving them grief---- Wow, what a year and a big cup of irony will do huh?

even in a "down" year i proclaimed iowa should be no worst than the alamo (which is now gator in terms of 'peckng' order) Yup, i was a ****** bag, i was also a ****** bag for (and i previously posted this on here too) that I played Quija Board Halloween, went to the party, it was saturday, we had just beatn the snot out of Michigan St (or as it turns out did we?) and it was my first time, and i was pretty high off the hawk juice so i figured like an idiot let's play and see what BCS bowl iowa goes too---ugggh, only to turn out that Quija said it was the Gator Bowl, i told Quija to F off and this is precisely why i don't believe it in and don't' play it..... nice, like our 3rd down conversions, i am 0-2 LOL

Ok, there i'm done confessing, please forgive!!

And this is why you are hated by Iowa State fans.

Also, I find it quite funny that Iowa lost to Minnesota. They are bad this year. And I mean Really bad.

All in all though, at least you get to go to a bowl game.

Actually starting this year the Insight Bowl isn't a middle to low tier bowl anymore, they stepped up their payout, here are the Big Ten Bowl payouts:

Rose: $17 million
Cap One: $4.25 million
Insight: $3.325 million
Outback: $3.1 million
Gator: $2.75 million
Ticket City: $1.2 million
Little Caesars: $750k
Texas: $612k

Not counting BCS bowls the only other bowls that pays more then the Insight are the Cap One and Cotton.

Like I said whatever makes you feel better about it. I think if you polled the nation and asked which bowl has more prestige and put those #'s next to the bowls Outback and Gator would still come out ahead of the Insight. Also, the Little Caeser's would probably get voted ahead of it just because it's Little Caeser's and its so delicious.

This is absolutely correct. ESPN is in a greater # of households. However I don't see how that changes the prestige of the bowl.

I dont think I said anything about prestige, If I did my apologizes. But yah its still a lower level bowl, I agree with you there. Also alot of those "snowbirds" in Arizona would help with attendance to the game.

I'm still hoping for the Outback though.

it's the pecking order though that counts!!! Yes, they stepped up their pay out but that is also because of the TV change, Insight still picks after Capital One, Outback and Gator Bowl! Who cares about pay out because b10 all bowl money is split equally--- it's all about pecking order and prestige, come on gang, we all (even I included) should be sober enough now to realize there is literally nothing glamerous about the insight bowl other than it gives the team 5 more weeks to practice and figure out what the bleep this staff needs to do to retool and focus going forward to 2011-- at this stage, tomato, tomata-- after gator bowl, they're all lower tier and the same, ticket city, little ceasers pizza, insight, Booneville Co-op Bowl presented by Fareway bowl game is all the same, just thank god for the extra time to practice and get 2011 player's more experience.

it's the pecking order though that counts!!! Yes, they stepped up their pay out but that is also because of the TV change, Insight still picks after Capital One, Outback and Gator Bowl! Who cares about pay out because b10 all bowl money is split equally--- it's all about pecking order and prestige, come on gang, we all (even I included) should be sober enough now to realize there is literally nothing glamerous about the insight bowl other than it gives the team 5 more weeks to practice and figure out what the bleep this staff needs to do to retool and focus going forward to 2011-- at this stage, tomato, tomata-- after gator bowl, they're all lower tier and the same, ticket city, little ceasers pizza, insight, Booneville Co-op Bowl presented by Fareway bowl game is all the same, just thank god for the extra time to practice and get 2011 player's more experience.

I'd actually go to that game. Unlike the Insight Bowl. I support local communities and businesses.

The Gator and Insight will reverse order every other year or every 2 years like the Alamo and Champs Sports Bowl did, so this argument is no good.

This year the order is:
BCS
Cap One
Outback
Gator
Insight
Texas
Ticket City
Pizza Bowl

Next year
BCS
Cap One
Outback
Insight
Gator
Texas
Ticket City
Pizza Bowl

I'm not saying it is a great bowl, but it isn't a bad one either, you guy's look at the fact ISU played in it last year and that makes it bad, well if they would have had this payout last year and moved up the pecking order like they did this year then neither Minnesota nor ISU would have been in it last year.

Last edited:
And this is why you are hated by Iowa State fans.

Also, I find it quite funny that Iowa lost to Minnesota. They are bad this year. And I mean Really bad.

All in all though, at least you get to go to a bowl game.

No, not at all, while i see your point because you don't know me personally, in our group of friends, and it's a big group, there are only 2 of us that are hawkeyes, rest are all cyclones (wierd right?) and it's a fun rivary, we pick on each other, they call us over overrated every year (and they were right in their point this year) and we call you little brother (because technically you are a smaller school and we own the over all record with ISU) it's all out of good fun, i pick on ISU but root for them, should hawkeye fans hate me too cause i'm critize my hawks?

Now--- as far as your last part of your post-- your spot on man, 100%
sickens me but true--

that's why i think most ISU fans and i get along so well because i can take ownership(hence my post!) and be honest and realize that as fans we can pick on each other (and we do, i know i dish some sh*t out!! but yet i can take it too) we're still friends and neighbors---

Latest posts