Do Iowa students have it in them...

BoiseDB

to swarm Sally Mason's yard in protest every night for about three straight weeks? It would take something drastic like that to force any kind of change sooner than Barta's current plan (or lack thereof). The mood of Iowa football message boards is getting close to that point, but I don't think that mood represents where the Iowa students are at. Sadly, I think the passion for quality in Iowa athletics has slowly evaporated from their mindset and expectations.
If Sally Mason isn't replaced and/or Ferentz doesn't step down on his own, this isn't going to end well or anytime soon.
I've always supported Kirk, by my faith in him is officially gone. We got a dog in '04 and we named him Ferentz. He is now Clarence or Terrence. Can't decide which. He's a smart dog, but I doubt he'll notice the change.
Always, Go Hawks!

to swarm Sally Mason's yard in protest every night for about three straight weeks? It would take something drastic like that to force any kind of change sooner than Barta's current plan (or lack thereof). The mood of Iowa football message boards is getting close to that point, but I don't think that mood represents where the Iowa students are at. Sadly, I think the passion for quality in Iowa athletics has slowly evaporated from their mindset and expectations.
If Sally Mason isn't replaced and/or Ferentz doesn't step down on his own, this isn't going to end well or anytime soon.
I've always supported Kirk, by my faith in him is officially gone. We got a dog in '04 and we named him Ferentz. He is now Clarence or Terrence. Can't decide which. He's a smart dog, but I doubt he'll notice the change.
Always, Go Hawks!

Lol...better than euthanizing him to be sure.

Always, Go Hawks!

No, but I heard the ISU students are planning a big Rally in support of KF.

This will never be done in Iowa City, but even if they did it would be misplaced. If there is going to be protesting, then it needs to be done with the Board of Regents. Attendance at Iowa is slipping, we have a President who would rather sports not be a part of college and an AD that is not capable.

Getting rid of Ferentz does not fix any of those problems. KF has been smart enough to capitalize on the opportunities that surround him. We need stronger leadership from the top down.

Student here: short answer, no.

Most at students from out of state didn't care about Hawkeye sports to begin with. Some from illinois thought of them as a joke to begin with. My freshman year "wait we have a basketball team?" Was a big joke.

As as far as In state students go, apathy runs about as deep as it does for any Iowa fan.

Sally mason, Gary Barta, and Kirk ferentz have let this program slip from prominence to mediocrity. And they did it in such a way that there isn't even any anger once we really see the writing on the wall.

Most at students from out of state didn't care about Hawkeye sports to begin with. Some from illinois thought of them as a joke to begin with. My freshman year "wait we have a basketball team?" Was a big joke.

As as far as In state students go, apathy runs about as deep as it does for any Iowa fan.

Sally mason, Gary Barta, and Kirk ferentz have let this program slip from prominence to mediocrity. And they did it in such a way that there isn't even any anger once we really see the writing on the wall.

There's your answer.

Now imagine KF with his feet up on his desk, puffing a Cuban, and giving you the middle finger.

This will never be done in Iowa City, but even if they did it would be misplaced. If there is going to be protesting, then it needs to be done with the Board of Regents. Attendance at Iowa is slipping, we have a President who would rather sports not be a part of college and an AD that is not capable.

Getting rid of Ferentz does not fix any of those problems. KF has been smart enough to capitalize on the opportunities that surround him. We need stronger leadership from the top down.

Dead on! :mad:

The out of state students are all diplomaHox or DiploHox. DiploHox come from towns like Naperville and Downer's Grove. They grew up as Notre Dame football, Duke basketball fans, but when their ACT scores came back, it was clear that they were heading to either Iowa City or DeKalb for college. If Iowa is good during their 4 year stint, they will become fans, but if Iowa stinks, they don't care. At least TavernHox have some degree of loyalty, but DiploHox just don't care. It is a major competitive disadvantage for Iowa and why Iowa State, with more graduates of Iowa high schools than any other institution of higher learning IN THE WORLD, is a program on the rise and is better than Iowa (see results of head to head games in basketball and football).

Always, Go Hawks!

This ain't Michigan, bro.......Protest 3 straight weeks for who, for what? Mark Stoops?????

The out of state students are all diplomaHox or DiploHox. DiploHox come from towns like Naperville and Downer's Grove. They grew up as Notre Dame football, Duke basketball fans, but when their ACT scores came back, it was clear that they were heading to either Iowa City or DeKalb for college. If Iowa is good during their 4 year stint, they will become fans, but if Iowa stinks, they don't care. At least TavernHox have some degree of loyalty, but DiploHox just don't care. It is a major competitive disadvantage for Iowa and why Iowa State, with more graduates of Iowa high schools than any other institution of higher learning IN THE WORLD, is a program on the rise and is better than Iowa (see results of head to head games in basketball and football).

If Iowa St. could ever get a real football coach....look out. I've got the pom poms out that they keep Rhoads as long as possible.

I'm not so sure.

As a student what I notice is that nobody wants to go to games bc they're boring, but everybody is too liberal and wussy to do anything to bring about change.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a demonstration, not to mention the PDS in this part look for any reason to arrest students, and a lot of students want a future beyond this hell hole.

Sally Mason is getting the school that she wants. She wants hipsters and beat poets and to not be embarrassed at cocktail parties. She doesn't want dumb jock athletes or fans. Every decision she's making is leaning towards that reality.

Okeefe does have a point. Iowa high school kids are going to ISU, I see it everywhere on my Facebook now. Just sickening, the UofI has not done themselves any favors either, all the Hawk fans are dying out.

It won't be students that will influence any change (too much apathy), it will be the big donors and season ticket holders. Even that is a long shot given the cash flow even the weakest teams in the B1G receive through the BTN. I'm afraid it's going to take another sub .500 season to have any chance of tipping the cart.

On to basketball for me ... at least they are playing some defense so far this year.

Latest posts