DL question

njq3

Seeing a lot of discussion on LB and WR progress, and rightly so. Has nyone seen anything on the progress of Jaleel Johnson and Faith Ekakite? Thanks in advance.

Read that JJ made a couple good plays on another board. Most of talk was not specific about DL other than they were solid against run in practice.

I jest hear the same things about Jaleel and Faith since the started, freakish athleticism and not enough technique.

Seeing a lot of discussion on LB and WR progress, and rightly so. Has nyone seen anything on the progress of Jaleel Johnson and Faith Ekakite? Thanks in advance.

Here's a quick couple quotes from DiNardos tweets.

Gerry DiNardo‏@gerrydinardo·1 hr
BTN Spring Practice Tour #Hawkeyes A lot of guys jumped out on tape & practice T. Smith, C Gilson, L Taylor, Q Alston, F Ekakitie C Croston

Gerry DiNardo‏@gerrydinardo·4 mins
BTN Spring Practice Tour #Hawkeyes More guys J Walsh B Scherff best OL so far this spring,C Davis,A Donnal,J Duzey R McMinn D Ott

In addition to those mentioned... I'm hoping Cooper can step up for the d-line as well. Big body, been in the program for a few years, showed a couple flashes last year (but never took the next step), it adds a little more depth to the line (kind of like what Mike Daniels did, his junior year), and mostly because I wanna be able to chant "Cooooooooop" when he makes a play.

...In addition to those mentioned... I'm hoping Cooper can step up for the d-line as well. Big body, been in the program for a few years, showed a couple flashes last year (but never took the next step), it adds a little more depth to the line (kind of like what Mike Daniels did, his junior year), and mostly because I wanna be able to chant "Cooooooooop" when he makes a play.
Agree - When he is on he is very good. I think he may have the best hands of anyone on the DL and has potential to be effective swatting down passes, maybe even take aways. Like others on this team we just need to see some consistency out of DC. He just needs to get to the place where he can bring his A game every week.

That's consistent with the depth chart. Faith isn't on the two deeps.

He's in every depth chart I have seen from spring. Listed third behind Johnson and Cooper so I doubt he's that much further behind. We should be seeing more of some of them now that they are sophomores and Cooper being a junior.

Latest posts